Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my "resolutions" this year is to form better relationships with the people I know either online or offline. One way I plan on doing that is by sending cards.

I'd love to add you to my cards list if you're open to the idea! We could even do this as a group :D

If you're open to the idea either post up your mailing address or PM it to either Danemama or myself. If you really want to have fun with it, let us know your Bday and your dog(s) Bdays too ;)

Here's ours to start things out... :D

Jon Atwood & Natalie Sinton
977 Xavier St
Denver, CO 80204

Jon: April 8
Natalie: June 4

Bailey: Nov 10th
Emmy: Nov 11th
Shiloh: Dec 8th
Akasha: Feb 8th

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Oh man! I think it's a bad idea to post your home address online like this! Although I like to think that all the members here are on the up & up, you can never be too sure. Also, looky-loos can view this forum without entering any of their personal info.

You sound like a very nice guy, and your wanting to reach out like this is very sweet. But jeeze!! There are always e-cards! In fact, I'll even PM you my e-mail address if you are interested. :biggrin:

Richelle

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I understand what you're saying I don't subscribe to that train of thought.

I've been doing Internet Marketing online for almost 12 years now and my email, phone #, birthday, home address etc. have always been available to anyone wanting or needing them.

I have nothing to fear in life. If someone really wants to show up at my house I welcome them ;)

As for e-cards, I'm not a fan. They're impersonal and don't have near the meaning as a real greeting card sent thru the mail. They have their time and place but with as much SPAM as there is and viruses sent as fake e-cards I like to stay away from them. Nothing feels as good as getting a real card in the mail (at least not to me...)

·
Banned
620 Posts
If I do that people will send me doggie poo poo's in the mail. Plus there are the junk mailers, spammers, telemarketers, identity theives, etc. Although it is a nice jesture on your part to start a card list, like for Xmas and such, people here can always say hello online.

Hey, BTW, did I tell you Natty is too beautiful to have a different last name than you? Natalie Atwood has a nice ring to it! You can thank me later after you punch me in mouth! I took the big plunge 18 years ago, and still believe it or not married to the same B#*&%....lol

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CB, you don't give humanity enough credit. Regardless of any interaction we have on a forum, you've never wronged me in real life. I give everyone a chance so...

Thanks but fortunately neither of us believe in the big M word. We plan on a long and happily UNmarried life together

L

·
0 Posts
I would love to get a card especially if there's cash or a valid bank check payable to me enclosed! Just Kidding, LOL.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
This looks like so much fun! I would love to participate in this but I am scared to give out my address on line! You two are just such a sweet couple! Ugh scaredy cat me! :redface:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Linsey & Jon Lanman
203 Animated Court
Henderson, NV 89052

I have faith in humanity, and in my armed-guarded gated community!! lol.

Linsey: Oct. 2
Jon: Oct 18th

Champ: Dec. 25th
Grissom: Nov. 6th
Annie: Aug 9th

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to get a card especially if there's cash or a valid bank check payable to me enclosed! Just Kidding, LOL.
If you're nice enough gift cards can be arranged :wink:

id put a dog turd in a few people's mail boxes :tongue:
LOL!!!

This looks like so much fun! I would love to participate in this but I am scared to give out my address on line! You two are just such a sweet couple! Ugh scaredy cat me! :redface:
I understand. I've just been online so long and doing so much that I'm numb to it all now. My grandmother still won't order things online because she's scared her CC# will get stolen.

I have faith in humanity, and in my armed-guarded gated community!! lol.
YAY!! :biggrin: I think someone would have to be crazy to come into our house of 5 BIG dogs plus my legally carried 9mm ;)

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
YAY!! :biggrin: I think someone would have to be crazy to come into our house of 5 BIG dogs plus my legally carried 9mm ;)
Yeah.... Champ is NOT a dog you wanna piss off.... he's INCREDIBLY protective of home, and me.

Jona dn I joke that if anyone manages to break in here with Champ here, and they leave with their face still attached, they have earned whatever else they managed to run off with. We have left our back door wide open when we've left for a couple hours at a time, and not once have we worried about anything.

·
Banned
620 Posts
CB, you don't give humanity enough credit. Regardless of any interaction we have on a forum, you've never wronged me in real life. I give everyone a chance so...

Thanks but fortunately neither of us believe in the big M word. We plan on a long and happily UNmarried life together
A boss of mine years back favorite motto was, after years of marriage, lots of bickering, and a divorce to follow....."STAY SINGLE AND RAISE YOUR KIDS THAT WAY" !!!

It's just a piece of paper is one way to look at it, and what really counts is what's in your heart for eachother. Even I wasn't legally married, we would probably still be together after 18 years. Well, this March will officially but us at 18 years of marriage.

I am a firm believer in "The Golden Rule" myself, and I would never 'wrong' somebody in real life, like you mentioned. Yea, I fly off the handle sometimes, but if I say mean things to people, I say it in a lighthearted kind of way with no mean intentions. I do suffer from a disease known as high blood pressure, and have regrets of things done in the past. Not sure if I can attribute all actions to high blood pressure, but there could be a link maybe. I've done some things I wish I could take back that's for sure. Like the time I laid my fist into the wall phone and it went flying across the room and the time I picked up a mirror off the wall my wife really liked and smashed it onto the floor in a million pieces. Both in front of the kids no less, and that really hurts knowing these are things they will remember. Most of the time though I really am a kind person and would go out of my way to help a friend in need. My kids also know that just because I acted like a complete jerk a few times, the thousands upon thousands of great times spent can counteract of few acts of being complete a$$h*((#.

·
Banned
620 Posts
With 5 big dogs, you don't need a 9 for the house! I enjoy my right to 'carry'
but I rarely do so. In CT, we only have concealed carry permits, and concealed means concealed. You get caught with a gun say under the seat of you car or in the glove box, not on your person, one can get themselves in a bit of trouble. If I do 'carry', I've found the smaller type sub-compacts are the most comfortable to get around with and sold off the bigger calibers medium frame, lg frames on consignment. Shotguns for clay pigeons is my thing, that is what I truly enjoy the most as far as recreation/ league shooting. God willing, I want to shoot clay targets well into my 60's and 70's.
I want to shoot clays until the day I die and they can pack my ashes in some reloaded hulls and shoot me off over the skeet field. That's how I want to go, ashes shot over the skeet field!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hell, I'll give em my address. I think they seem like honest, good people. :)

(address to follow in PM)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts