Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys post pictures of what a daily meal for your dogs looks like and there weight and what your feeding? i feel like i need to see what 10% bone 10% organ 80% meat looks like in the bowl...my dogs are 35 and 45LBS and very active! Thanks a ton! learning this new way of feeding is awfully interesting yet nerve racking at the same time for me, i just want to get it right!

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
You will get it right. It's easy to over think and stress out about it. When you do that, it becomes difficult and not fun. How much you feed depends on the condition, size and activity level of your dog. They are all individuals and it will vary. My aussies, even though the same breed each have different needs. For example, my largest one is close to 60 lbs, and has the activity and athletic ability of a basset hound. So, he actually eats less than the others. Otherwise the way he just lays around all day not using any energy, he would be way overweight in no time. I have another who is smaller, but slightly more active, and a harder keeper so to speak, so she eats more than he does. My others are larger than she is, but smaller than the first lazy one I mentioned. Their activity level is through the roof. Super athletic and tons of energy. They eat the most of all of them to sustain body condition and all that energy. So, see how they are all different? Showing you pictures of how much we are all feeding, isn't necessarily how much you will feed.

Some will also need more or less of something than another. One dog may need bone daily, for example, and other may not need it but a few times a week. The percentage thing is something humans have come up with at some point, and is only a guideline, not written in stone.

Is your dog overweight? If so, backing off how much you feed is in order. Underweight? Up the amount and maybe add a little more fat and red meats in the diet. Feed your dog as an individual, not according to what others feed theirs. If that makes sense.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I agree to the above. Don't worry too much about things unless you have to. Go by the poops and body condition. We get pretty nitty gritty into the percentages and weights only because our dog has the digestive fortitude of tissue paper and we can't mess around too much with things. I can email you the Excel spreadsheet (with an explanation) we use if you want to see how we do our prep. Our dog is 36-37 pounds right now and gets 2.5% which is about 14-15 ounces of food.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey no problem, Ill get right on it. You should get an email from an arnesorenson14 (or 41 I don't remember what his email is). It's kinda complicated to figure out at first but if I can do it you certainly can. If you have any questions don't hesitate to email us whenever. I'll include my email as well if you can't get a hold of Arne (my boyfriend).
The system works best if you have someone manning the program so you can yell out cuts o' meat and weights so they can type it in and tell you if you're over or under bone for the day. Again, this isn't really necessary. It's a good way to get a feel for what general amounts you'll be feeding or if you have a super sensitive dog like ours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
These drivers could not have come at a better time. I was having serious issues with frame rates and it was always so frustrating to play a game like explore the 3D animal world of Jamaa and happy glass and then all of a sudden it would lag all the time. From the looks of the changelogs, they have addressed all the major issues that have been plaguing me for a few weeks now. I can’t thank the developers enough that they expeditiously tackled the issues that I have been religiously submitting to their customer support moviestarplanet free channels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts