Dog Food Chat banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the raw feeding as I've been researching and just trying to get some food stockpiled and then committing to a date and just do it. Other than chicken and turkey bones...what type of bones from cows are ok to chew on?
I do not think that beef bones are good to chew, too hard:/ maybe pork?

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I do not think that beef bones are good to chew, too hard:/ maybe pork?
This another really old thread, who isn't here anymore. You can look at the date at the top of the post to see how recent it is..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do some dogs canines have light brown by gums? Even if fed raw? Sophie has had Instinct raw patties or Stella and chewy’s patty’s for breakfast since I got her, about a year old. I confess give Instinct Dry at night. Occasional raw egg and shell when we make eggs, and recently get fresh is best dehydrated raw chicken necks, rehydrate and give with food. Will try to get a picture, her back teeth have always been pearly white, still are.
Get super giant braided bully sticks, she loves them.
Hope someone looks, all old posts.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Raw bones, not dehydrated, but actual whole raw bones do help to keep both teeth and gumline clean. What you are seeing may be some build up from eating patties. Ripping and tearing large chunks of boneless meats can also help keep them clean as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FED9DA61-C519-47C2-9009-772A4F3275E1.jpg 5C53A9FD-CF9C-4F41-8263-C632CF14F572.jpg

Hard to get a picture of back teeth but they are totally clean. Just the canines have what you see.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
The gums look ok to me, from what I can see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The gums look ok to me, from what I can see.
Thank you yes her gums are not red at all, just tartar on big canine teeth concerns me. I am teetering on getting chicken drumsticks for her to try. Think better as less fat then the wings. She chews well.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
It doesn't look like tarter to me, just some staining. Thats different than tarter. A couple of mine have some staining, but not tarter.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts