Dog Food Chat banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
My new Sophia had awful teeth. I got the before pic. Shes been on raw for a couple weeks now and already looking better. I will try to get an after pic up soon. Its amazing what raw does!

·
Registered
927 Posts
The only thing I can do here is comment. My dogs breath use to stink. It doesn't anymore. When it does another raw meal gets rid of it. I still brush her teeth 3 or 4 times a week.

Her teeth are looking great. But then they have always looked great. "If the grass is greener on the other side it might be because they took better care of it."

I can still get a picture if you want one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, these pearly whites make me want to eat raw, lol. If I can convince the family to switch the mutt to raw than I will certainly share some before and after pictures!

Reactions: xellil

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Wow, these pearly whites make me want to eat raw, lol. If I can convince the family to switch the mutt to raw than I will certainly share some before and after pictures!
Even if you don't switch fully to raw you can give your dog meaty bones for teeth cleaning. It will save you alot of money in the long run because you won't need dentals or extractions.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't have any before pictures. Rosey had a dental when she was 8 or 9, and by the time she was 12 the vet said she would likely need another.

These are her teeth now. Not pearly white, but they are tarter free! Not too shabby considering shes nearly 14 years old! :biggrin1: Its hard to get a good picture one handed haha. Her tongue kept flapping out on the side so you can't see her bottom teeth...

rosey teeth2.jpg

rosey teeth.jpg

Recently at the shelter we had a 5 year old bichon/poodle mix that needed 22 TEETH PULLED!!!! :( Poor little guy.. Makes me happy that my old lady hasn't had a single tooth pulled and likely never will!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took some pictures this morning. Just started easing into the raw this week.

Mojo was very cooperative about me taking a photo, he held very still.
Risa, whose teeth definitely show her age and previous diet, was not so cooperative. I think I had to take six pics of hers and I'm not happy how they came out.
We may have to do round two.

Now if I can just get my card reader on this computer to recognize the SanDisk card...I can work on them. Hunting for drivers atm.
I think the flash might have been too much but I might be able to contrast/darken it to a viewable shot.

Should I take pics of all the teeth or is just one side of the jaw a good enough comparison for later on?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The more pictures you take the better. Preferably 1 picture of each side of the mouth, showing full dentition. Dog's mouth can be closed, just lift the lip up!

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Reactions: Kat and Neeko

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
You lucky people! You can easily lift the dogs' lips up and snap a picture! Annie has such a pushed in muzzle and so much floppy lips I have to fight to get them all out of the way!

These are pictures from Annie 7 year old boxer. she has Oral tumors and gums growing over teeth due to an Autoimmune issue.

Left side
February- before raw
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Left side
March- 3 weeks into raw

Left Side-
April- 7 weeks into raw
(Coming soon)

Right side
February- before raw

Right side
March- 3 weeks into raw

Right side
April- 7 weeks into raw
(Coming soon)

There has been a notable color difference. Freshness of breath. Her gums are going down back to where they should be and exposing her teeth again. Her tumors are getting smaller and a few have even gone away.

Reactions: jdatwood

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi to all im sir john from the philippines.. i've been feeding my shih tzu raw food for 3 weeks. still in chicken.. hope to learn lot of things from all of you..

·
Registered
12 Posts
My dog's teeth are HORRIBLE and she has the breath to match. The vet wanted to put her under for a cleaning, but with her age I really think the risks are far greater than the benefit. I will definitely be taking before and after pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys ... i am new to the forum ... I have 2 chocolate labs and we all live happily in maui Hawaii . I would love to get some help on how to start them on raw food . i looked into Drawin raw food and although it seems good it is soooooo expensive to ship to maui . so i decide to call a local butcher and ask him to gring up some beef and beef hearts/liver and bones . i have not picked it up yet ... but can someone pleeeaaase help me figure out how to do this and how much to feed them . they are 75lbs. and 85 lbs respectively maui dogs 2.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, Emma, I'm also new here, but this was given to me as a great resource: How to Get Started | Prey Model Raw From what I've read you don't want to start with beef, or organ meats. But you can look in the raw section here for more information.

Reactions: Emma2micah

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
hi guys ... i am new to the forum ... I have 2 chocolate labs and we all live happily in maui Hawaii . I would love to get some help on how to start them on raw food . i looked into Drawin raw food and although it seems good it is soooooo expensive to ship to maui . so i decide to call a local butcher and ask him to gring up some beef and beef hearts/liver and bones . i have not picked it up yet ... but can someone pleeeaaase help me figure out how to do this and how much to feed them . they are 75lbs. and 85 lbs respectively View attachment 8301
I would suggest starting your own thread, as you will get more replies!:smile:
(Which you will need because you do NOT want to start them on red meats...that is asking for a major "blowout", of the stool kind...not fun!!)

Reactions: yodiana
81 - 100 of 128 Posts