Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help!

Dude and Bucks Mamma started a thread about her dog's teeth change after a few months on raw feeding. This has sparked the interest in me to do a page or blog post on the PMR website about BEFORE and AFTER photos of dogs teeth.

If any of you already have these photos...freaking share them!!!!

If any of you newbs haven't taken photos yet....freaking do it!!!!

The more photographic evidence we have of how well a raw diet can clean teeth the better!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help a girl out LOL

Post em here, make your own thread...however!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I will see if I can find the set I took of Leo!:thumb: Then if I can I will take a new set of him!:biggrin: He wasnt as far gone as Dude...but he was 4 years into "olroy gravy" crud when I got him!:wink: :puke:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Unfortunately (for pictures sake, not Duke's sake haha) Duke's teeth weren't bad when we started raw! They might've been just a touch off-white/yellowy, but no build up etc. I only notice NOW that they are pearly white lol. Sorry I have no pics :( and I don't know if After pics are any good without the Before's haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
aw...totally missed it!!! we're only 1 month into raw n her dark brown plaque already all gone now...:( wish i took the dam before pics!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yogi's teeth were white when we started being he was only 15 months and had his teeth brushed daily. We are finishing week two but nothing to show but pearly whites.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh absolutely, but its just more "scientific" if we do pictures of before and after raw on the same dog.

By all means....lets get some tooth pictures taken and documented!!!

It was sad today at work, a cocker spaniel lost 16 of his teeth during his dental....he was only 9 years old. Poor fella :frown:

Here's a picture of a 12 year old dachshund's teeth I cleaned up and extracted a few months ago....again, 16 extractions.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
That's why my dachshund has four teeth. They said if you were in the same room with her, the smell coming from her mouth would make you sick.

I never thought to take photos of my Dobie and he would have been a good one, his back teeth were black and dark brown. Dang it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
well, the image quality is not even close to comparable and the before picture only really shows the tartar on her canine, which has been the slowest to disappear, but i will share my before and after pictures anyway in case they can be of use. it is a shame i did not have a better camera to get pictures of her molars before we started; the change was very drastic.

before:

after:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wish I could help with this!! We started Zoey eating raw at 12 weeks though, and she's now losing her puppy teeth (I've found 2, don't know if there are more I've missed!). She'll never have adult teeth that come in contact with kibble, so they should always be bright white! Nothing to compare to!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Tobi's teeth were just falling out and his big boy teeth were coming in when we started raw :lol: I'm no help for this one!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don't think it's a bad idea to include "after" shots without the "before's". A series of photos of clean white teeth might also get the point across just as well.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here you are! Although it's not a true before/after yet, it's still pretty darn dramatic!
Kai just turned 1YO last month
WAHOO!!! Now that's what I'm looking for!!!

The more pictures of teeth the better. Even if all you have is dogs with pearly whites :thumb:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The more pictures of teeth the better. Even if all you have is dogs with pearly whites :thumb:
okay :p

14 months old and still pearly white!

These are linked images, if you click them and then click it again when it takes you to imgur it will zoom in nice and full size.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts