Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months of trying different foods, our terrier mix Rosie has adjusted beautifully to California Natural Chicken & Rice. She looks fantastic and her poop has been reliably firm for a few months now.

Given that, we'd like to try Cal Natural Lamb & Rice as well. Do we need to do a transition, I assume (mixing a little of the old with the new over a period of time)? How slowly should we do it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
After many months of trying different foods, our terrier mix Rosie has adjusted beautifully to California Natural Chicken & Rice. She looks fantastic and her poop has been reliably firm for a few months now.

Given that, we'd like to try Cal Natural Lamb & Rice as well. Do we need to do a transition, I assume (mixing a little of the old with the new over a period of time)? How slowly should we do it?

Thanks!
Generally transitioning between two formulas of the same food goes incredibly smoother than going from one food to an entirely different one. (say: cali nat to Innova) If she has a history of sensitive tummy, it would not hurt to do a very quick transition. (start 50/50 for a day or two, and then go all the way) My Beagle does Cali Nat and he can go from one formula to the next cold turkey without problems, and he has a TON of sensitivities and issues, but every dog is different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts