1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
yep. a couple of my friends started their munchkins on it. seems good. :smile:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I don't like any of them. Where's the meat???
It's not nearly enough.
id say the grain free chicken meal formula has a fair amount of meat. based on the rest of the ingredients, it is unlikely to achieve 34% protein without much of that coming from the chicken meal. the other two grainless formulas, however, are dramatically lower in protein and i doubt there is much meat in them.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
id say the grain free chicken meal formula has a fair amount of meat. based on the rest of the ingredients, it is unlikely to achieve 34% protein without much of that coming from the chicken meal. the other two grainless formulas, however, are dramatically lower in protein and i doubt there is much meat in them.
I just like to see 3 or 4 different meats in the ingredients :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ONLY reason to opt for this line of foods is if your Dog has allergy issues.

With Acana in the same price range, it makes no sense to buy this food.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just like to see 3 or 4 different meats in the ingredients :D
that wont make something have more meat if they simply change the ratios, it will just make the food have more different protein sources. cali naturals are designed for those who need a single protein source. there is no reason that cant be done and have good meat content. it just means that first named meat meal will be in much higher quantity than the following ingredients.

true, many of the grainless foods that have high meat content use several different meat sources, but they dont need to in order to have high meat content. they could just as easily only use one of them and use more of it, but they are trying to have several different sources for those who dont need a single source.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
that wont make something have more meat if they simply change the ratios, it will just make the food have more different protein sources. cali naturals are designed for those who need a single protein source. there is no reason that cant be done and have good meat content. it just means that first named meat meal will be in much higher quantity than the following ingredients.

true, many of the grainless foods that have high meat content use several different meat sources, but they dont need to in order to have high meat content. they could just as easily only use one of them and use more of it, but they are trying to have several different sources for those who dont need a single source.
I understand CN is designed to have only one protein source...All I am saying is that I like to see 3 or 4 different meats in kibble. I am not saying anything bad about the product.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I understand CN is designed to have only one protein source...All I am saying is that I like to see 3 or 4 different meats in kibble. I am not saying anything bad about the product.
saying that in addition to your question "wheres the meat?" made it seem like you equated nmber of meat sources to total meat content in a food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts