Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a good calcium supplement for yorkshire terriers? One that I can get them to eat and is not hard to measure. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you feeding him now and why you think he needs more calcium?
I feed homecooked to all of my yorkies but I often run out of eggshells and would like to have another supplement. I make the Pitcairn meatloaf but they do get some kibble although I would rather they didn't.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I feed homecooked to all of my yorkies but I often run out of eggshells and would like to have another supplement.
Feed them some raw chicken drumsticks or wings 2 or 3 times a week and there you have your calcium all natural. I think you know not to feed cooked bones.

I make the Pitcairn meatloaf but they do get some kibble although I would rather they didn't.
If you rather they didn't eat kibble, don't feed it. I think you know by now that its pretty much garbage anyhow. IMO they would be better off to skip a meal occasionally than to feed kibble occasionally.

Have you checked into feeding raw? It's more nutritious than feeding cooked although a home cooked diet is far superior to a diet of kibble. Take a look at my page linked in my sig.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I personally believe that the best diet for a Yorkshire Terrier is one that the owner makes fresh, using quality ingredients, without preservatives. It only takes about one to two hours a week to cook for a Yorkshire Terrier. preparing home cooked meals for a dog can be less expensive than buying the average all-breed, any-breed commercial pet food.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Y uin iz rite - I anit neber seen no dawg cooking in da wild. I seen em do a lot of thangs in da wild butz cookin aint one of dem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finely Ground Egg Shells Are the Best for your dog. Not only are eggs a wonderful source of protein but also egg shells are the best source of calcium supplementation available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts