Dog Food Chat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Lets not start an argument about arguing lol.

This is the dry food/kibble section. RAW feeders have the right to give their reasoning and proof of why RAW feeding is great....in the RAW section ;) ;) ;).
Actually, you are right. I'm not posting here any more. I said I didn't do it but this very thread is in the dry dog food forum. I opened it on about the 10th page and didn't even notice.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I've been trying to stay out of this seeing as how my current steroid intake has my anxiety a little high.. but I have to comment on this.

Feeding RAW doesn't automatically mean that the dog was getting fed CORRECTLY. I knew a guy who fed his dog leg quarters and ground beef. EVERY day. Thankfully he also fed kibble in the AM, or dog only knows what would have happened to that dog. The owner meant well but was ill-informed. I think lack of variety could be an easy way for a "raw" fed dog to end up with a deficiency. That being said, last time I talked to said owner he was feeding a more appropriately balanced diet. The only times I personally have ever heard of a dog having problems on "raw" it has either been the pre-made junk, or someone who did too little research.

Not putting words in your mouth, merely responding to that comment.

And why wouldn't someone get defensive when you just called their method of raw feeding "junk" lol?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I never post in the kibble forum any more unless it's by accident on a topic that doesn't immediately tell me it's about dry dog food. But I have browsed some threads and I don't see what you are saying, at least recently.
Has it been said in the past few days? No.

It's been said several times though...

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Not sure why you are acting so defensive. I'm perfectly fine with people who choose to feed high quality kibble, grain inclusive or not. I do however feel that most premade raw is junk and not portioned well enough to be fed as an entire meal day in and day out. Supplement sure, but not a main source of nutrition. I NEVER said there wasn't more than one way to achieve a healthy pet.

Don't put words in my mouth.

You can obviously feel that way, but I was stating that I have in fact, seen the exact opposite.

And my last statement about being more than one way to achieve a healthy pet was not entirely directed at you, I've said it several times already in this thread...

121 - 125 of 125 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.