Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! We are a long time boxer family, currently living in North Carolina. Our current boxers are a 7 year old rescue and a 10 wk. old pup.

After battling lymphoma in another one of our rescue boxers, and losing her at the young age of 5 years, I am convinced to be as proactive as possible in our dogs' health care. Feeding a healthy diet seems to be a great place to start!

I'm looking forward to learning how to feed raw, and interacting with you all during that process.

Hopefully some pics of my doggies will attach to this post. :)

Kathryn

·
Registered
210 Posts
Eww... Boxers. I loathe that breed. :tongue:

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of knowledgeable people here that can help you in your transition to raw food, as well as any of diet you choose. :smile:

Reactions: Remy

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Welcome from another NC doggie owner! I'm waiting to see if we get snow today like they are predicting. There is lots to read here on a soggy, cold day so have fun reading all the past posts and don't hesitate to jump right in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eww... Boxers. I loathe that breed. :tongue:

Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of knowledgeable people here that can help you in your transition to raw food, as well as any of diet you choose. :smile:

:smile:Oh yeah, they are just the worst, huh? How do you stand them. Haha!! :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from another NC doggie owner! I'm waiting to see if we get snow today like they are predicting. There is lots to read here on a soggy, cold day so have fun reading all the past posts and don't hesitate to jump right in.

Fingers crossed on the snow!! Is the snow in your pic from last January? The forums are a wealth of info. I'm learning so much. You all are just the greatest!! Thank you. :smile:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Fingers crossed on the snow!! Is the snow in your pic from last January? The forums are a wealth of info. I'm learning so much. You all are just the greatest!! Thank you. :smile:
Yeah, that snow last January was Rocky's first time every seeing snow. He was about 8 months old then. We just got back from the Grand Canyon and it snowed on us there so he's gotten to see snow already this year season. He loves it but my 13 year old Lhasa is not too crazy about it at all!

I'v lost 5 dogs to cancer over the years so that is why I originally started researching dog food . Rocky eats Orijen and Evo and Chelsy eats Innova Senior Plus and I'm going to try her on Evo when the order arrives this week (she has food allergies).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that snow last January was Rocky's first time every seeing snow. He was about 8 months old then. We just got back from the Grand Canyon and it snowed on us there so he's gotten to see snow already this year season. He loves it but my 13 year old Lhasa is not too crazy about it at all!

I'v lost 5 dogs to cancer over the years so that is why I originally started researching dog food . Rocky eats Orijen and Evo and Chelsy eats Innova Senior Plus and I'm going to try her on Evo when the order arrives this week (she has food allergies).

I tell you what...cancer just plain sucks...for people or for animals. We were fortunate to have a great vet oncologist who gave our girl 7 more months than she would have had without treatment. It makes me wonder, if she had been started out right with good food, vitamins, etc., would it have made it harder for her cancer to take hold and end her life so soon? I wish we would have had her as a pup. Alas, I'll always cherish the few months she was with us.
We currently feed Innova. I would really like to try and feed raw. My work schedule is changing in January, and it seemed like the right time to learn something new...especially something that would benefit our dogs. :smile:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
We are expecting ~8 inches tonight here in Denver...and we already have about 3 inches on the ground LOL

Welcome to the forum :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are expecting ~8 inches tonight here in Denver...and we already have about 3 inches on the ground LOL

Welcome to the forum :biggrin:
8 inches would bring North Carolina to a screeching halt!! Actually...3 inches probably would too! :tongue:

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Sometimes that is all it takes to close down the schools here too LOL

Kinda sad really when you think about the sheer numbers of plows here... :eek:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!
Raw is an EXCELLENT way to go, and this is the perfect pace to learn everything you need to know!
I too have a Boxer, 17 week old female. They are such riots! lol

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome! Boxers just that sweet faced breed!
We got an inch of snow here! Ha predicting more during the week! Woo Hoo the winters coming for sure! Glad a bought new boots haha!
your pics of the pup with that cute little blue bone are adorable!

Reactions: Remy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from another North carolinian, where are you? I'm near charlotte(matthews to be exact).
I cant wait for snow, the 50 degree weather does not satisfy me, I think I need to move to the high country.
Hi! We are in Moore County, about 2 hours east of you. I have a good friend in Charlotte that I visit. What a GREAT city. We have discussed moving to Charlotte in a couple years, but we would LOVE to retire in the mountains. I feel so at peace when we are there.

C'mon snow!! :tongue::tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts