Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chicken and brown rice or Lamb and oatmeal, is one better ??? Thanks!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Chicken and brown rice or Lamb and oatmeal, is one better ??? Thanks!
id lean toward the chicken, as the lamb appears to me to have oatmeal and barley as the main ingredients, then fish, then maybe lamb somewhere down the line

the chicken and rice most defirnitely has a chicken product as the first real ingredient since chicken meal comes before any non meat ingredients.

·
Registered
474 Posts
BB often times is a tough adjustment for pups. I'm not sure if it is the protein source or what but pups do have reactions (runny stools) at times. I like lamb and oatmeal for 3 reasons in a kibble. A dog is less likely to have an allergic reaction to lamb; it is easy to digest, and oatmeal (preferably quick oats) because it slows down the digestion rate going through the system and therefore nutrients have more time in the pipe for assimilation.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
BB often times is a tough adjustment for pups. I'm not sure if it is the protein source or what but pups do have reactions (runny stools) at times. I like lamb and oatmeal for 3 reasons in a kibble. A dog is less likely to have an allergic reaction to lamb; it is easy to digest, and oatmeal (preferably quick oats) because it slows down the digestion rate going through the system and therefore nutrients have more time in the pipe for assimilation.
Good to know! Thanks :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have used the Lamb and Oatmeal in the past and have no complaints. I have heard complaints about the little black vitamins in it- the dogs eat around it,

L

·
0 Posts
I have used the Lamb and Oatmeal in the past and have no complaints. I have heard complaints about the little black vitamins in it- the dogs eat around it,
Ha Ha Ha, yeah, that's funny. My cousin's Cavalier Spaniel actually spits those black bits out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have started the transition, (went with the lamb and oatmeal ) so far so good, no diahrea and she is scarfing it down black bits and all. We will take it slow and hopefully have her switched over in a week or so. I know the BB is not the top of the list but it is a far cry from the puppy chow she was eating when we got her and it fits our budget. Thanks for all your help, I love this forum !!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
My dogs LOOOOVED the BB, including the black bits lol! I just decided to go with a better food for the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did you switch too?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad to hear your puppy is doing well. My german shepherd loves bb including the black bits. We tried Innova(lost weight) he didn't like Orijen and was recently on Acana for 10 weeks and needed a lot of coaxing to eat it. Agree that BB is a lot better than any grocery store brand. If your dog likes it keep on it. Don't feel like you have to switch just because websites dont list it as a 6star food. All dogs are different:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts