Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, August 9, is my kids 3rd birthday, ALL 3 of them......................:biggrin:

What should I do for their special day since I will be at work and their dad just left for the firehall for 24hrs.?
Should I wait til tomorrow as I have it off and DH will be home, the dogs won't know, will they?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Happy Birthday, furkids! Today is Annie's first birthday, too! After work, I'm making her an elk meatloaf "cake" and last night I ordered her a new leash and collar from 2houndsdesign.com

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How funny that they have the same birthdays! Happy birthday Annie! Elk meatloaf sounds good, but I have no idea what to do for the dogs. Guess I'll think about it today and then decide, they did get a new curry and brush yeasterday so that will be their present.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Dog Birthdays are so funny... another one of those things that make us people feel all warm and fuzzy to celebrate, and the dogs are entirely oblivious as to what's going on.
I was going to go all out with a party for Annie... but couldn't justify spending TOO much money on it, considering she'd probably just sleep the whole time. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You know, I used to 'fudge' my real kids birthdays until they were old enough to read the calendar! Both my sons and my husband were born the week after Christmas so we would just tell them their birthday was the middle of January. Made it a lot easier on me and they wouldn't be overwhelmed with presents at once.

I'm sure you can cover up the calendar and just tell the dogs that their birthday is tomorrow. Gives you all day to think of something yummy for them . :smile: When they get to be 13 like Chelsy they are lucky if you remember their birthday sometime that month!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts