Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to celebrate Bailey's and Barnum's birthdays in style. Bailey has turned two on the 12th and Barnum will be one on the 31st.

I thought of taking different meats, slicing them thin, and wrapping them around a chicken hindquarter and freezing it. They love their food frozen.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
What is their favorite thing to eat?

And do you mind them getting diarrhea for a few days after getting a special meal?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Last year I made home made liver cake and ice cream for my 2.

Liver Cake was
1 lb of any liver, I've tried chicken, beef & buffalo
Garlic & Sea Salt to taste
1 cup ground oats (I use a blender or herb grinder until it looks like flour)
1 egg
and water if it's too thick

Generously spray a pie pan and pour in. Cook on a low temp, I cook around 200 degrees for at least an hour, usually closer to 2. As soon as a knife comes out of the middle clean I pull it out, let it cool and cut into pieces or wedges.

Dog Ice Cream
Large (Costco size) container of Plain or Vanilla yogurt
1 banana
1 T peanut butter
1 T honey

I mix it up with a kitchenaid and then spoon what I want to give into dishes and freeze the rest. The only thing I don't like about it, is after you freeze it you can't scoop it like ice cream, it's too stiff.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is their favorite thing to eat?

And do you mind them getting diarrhea for a few days after getting a special meal?
More like what don't they like. I haven't found that food yet.

Their favorite dessert is a frozen banana sliced.

Their favorite nighty-night treat is frozen liver slices.

Maybe I could make something with frozen banana slices, liver slices, and other raw meats.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a quick review of their favorite foods. I decided to go with whole wheat pizza and puppy pops.

Barnum and Bailey celebrated their birthdays with a dip in their new puppy wading pool. Afterward they ate pizza and puppy pops. Their puppy pops contain yogurt, banana, and water frozen in ice cube trays and in a popsicle tray. They got a popsicle each.

Their presents are late. I'm wrapping them in paper to give them a challenge. They'll get them on Monday.

Two pooped out puppies are piled into their kennels. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
After a quick review of their favorite foods. I decided to go with whole wheat pizza and puppy pops.

Barnum and Bailey celebrated their birthdays with a dip in their new puppy wading pool. Afterward they ate pizza and puppy pops. Their puppy pops contain yogurt, banana, and water frozen in ice cube trays and in a popsicle tray. They got a popsicle each.

Their presents are late. I'm wrapping them in paper to give them a challenge. They'll get them on Monday.

Two pooped out puppies are piled into their kennels. :biggrin:
happy birthday to the pooped out puppies on the 12th and the 31st....:)

i was going to suggest a liver banana split, but looks like you've got it covered :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Happy belated birthday to the two :)

I knew I should not be a human I love liver pate and banana, and have done ever since I went to school!!

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Happy belated birthday to the two :)

I knew I should not be a human I love liver pate and banana, and have done ever since I went to school!!
sauted calves liver with onions and chicken fat or bacon fat....pate...fois gras...yiddishe chopped liver.....with banana? a feast, i tell you.

we must have been twins in another life LOL

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
YUCK, DOUBLE YUCK! But whatever roost your goose!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts