Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had a good healthy recipe to make a doggy birthday cake? Peanut will be turning 2 years old next month and I would like to make him a cake however I do not know where to start. I would like it to be healthy as possible. He is on Orijen for his food so I would like to keep to that sort of food. Peanut does not do well on raw foods and he is allergic to beef.

hope that i am not being to picky but i wanna give him something special yet stay on the healthy track.

thanks in advance for your suggestions

·
Banned
493 Posts
Baking cakes for dogs are always fun. I've done so for the last 2 of Lucky's birthdays. I dont worry all that much about is being SUPER healthy for it's only once a year. Here are a few recipes I've used in the past;

Happy Bark Day Cake

2 c water
½ c mashed banana
¼ tsp vanilla
2 T honey
1½ c whole wheat flour
1½ c white flour
1 c dried bananas
½ T baking powder
Preheat 350°F. Mix all wet ingredients together in bowl - water, mashed bananas, vanilla, egg and honey. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients - flour, dried bananas and baking powder. Mix the dry indigents into the wet mixture slowing and mix thoroughly. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8″ cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.

*I generally ice the cake with some yogurt, peanut-butter, cottage cheese, or cream cheese.

If you're looking for something more along the lines of a meaty cake, health wise, then here's another good recipe I've tried before;

Meaty Dog Cake
Meaty Dog Cake Ingredients

1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Meat - Hamburger, Pork, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Meat Mixture
8 eggs
1 Cup Quick Cooking Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Nutritional Dog Cracker Crumbs
Meaty Dog Cake Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a small baking pan.
Lightly beat the eggs and set aside in a medium bowl.
Mix the oatmeal and cracker crumbs into the eggs and then work the ground meat into the mixture.
Form a cake from the meat mixture and place it on the baking pan. You can make a furrow in the cake top and place cottage cheese, cheese, ketchup or a combination into the furrow.
Bake the cake for 30 minutes or until it is done. Cool completely, frost and serve. (This ones is defiantly the healthier of the two)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts