Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if any of you heard about the rather large earthquake we had yesterday, not far from where I live in Palmerston North in lower north island. At the time it happened it felt like a bloody freight train was going past, very sudden and very violent, the whole house shook and we ran outside. Took me ages to calm down. This footage was in my home town at the greyhound racetrack that has made international news for the way the commentator carried on calling the race. Amazing that it was captured on film
Video: New Zealand earthquake interrupts greyhound race on live TV - Telegraph

Hope you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Wow! That must have been scary. The announcer handled it better than I would have, for sure!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Glad you are ok Sozzle and you didn't have any damage from the sounds of it. It's getting a bit scary now isn't it? So many big (and small) earthquakes all in a couple of years. I know my Dad keeps going on about the 'big one'.
Thanks for the video, it was funny in a decrepit humourous sort of way. You could hear things falling all around him! Typical understatement though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't feel it at all but many in the region did (top of the south). That footage was very cool I love how the dogs were to focused to notice an earthquake.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are ok Sozzle and you didn't have any damage from the sounds of it. It's getting a bit scary now isn't it? So many big (and small) earthquakes all in a couple of years. I know my Dad keeps going on about the 'big one'.
Thanks for the video, it was funny in a decrepit humourous sort of way. You could hear things falling all around him! Typical understatement though.
Yes, the fear of 'the big one' is always there, ie being caught up in it wherever in the country it happens to be. But I suppose for your dad being in Auckland (I think) he might be more likely to worry about dormant volcanoes suddenly erupting?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't feel it at all but many in the region did (top of the south). That footage was very cool I love how the dogs were to focused to notice an earthquake.
You've had your fair share NZ Raw at the top of the south though haven't you in the last few months? we were near Lake Taupo in July when that big one hit in Seddon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts