Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who makes the best wet food, guys? Harry continues to kind of fiddle with this food... I thought I had things all fixed... but I've got a super spoiled Dog on my hands it seems.

So I grabbed a can of Nutro Max wet food last night(I know, not the best company but ingredient list looks pretty decent and Menards was selling them for 1.19/can).... And of course, he gobbles his kibble right down with just about 1/4 of the can mixed in. I figure I may as well just spoil him and not worry about it any more. He deserves it ;)

I know(at least I think) most of the wet food is made at just a few facilities in the country. I'm only going to use the food as a topper with his kibble. I doubt I'll need more than a couple cans/week.

·
Registered
791 Posts
So who makes the best wet food, guys? Harry continues to kind of fiddle with this food... I thought I had things all fixed... but I've got a super spoiled Dog on my hands it seems.

So I grabbed a can of Nutro Max wet food last night(I know, not the best company but ingredient list looks pretty decent and Menards was selling them for 1.19/can).... And of course, he gobbles his kibble right down with just about 1/4 of the can mixed in. I figure I may as well just spoil him and not worry about it any more. He deserves it ;)

I know(at least I think) most of the wet food is made at just a few facilities in the country. I'm only going to use the food as a topper with his kibble. I doubt I'll need more than a couple cans/week.
If you just plan to use a little, look into ZiwiPeak!

Moist Dog Food | ZiwiPeak

Reactions: kevin bradley

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like Tripett personally along with Ziwipeak. Wellness and Evo make all meat toppers. NVI has a food that is meat and organ, then 5% veggies and other.

Tiki Dog makes an interesting food too. $50 a can. Highly doubt anyone would splurge on it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Weruva is one of the most pro Chinese companies there is.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, I'd like some confidence in where the stuff is being produced. It doesn't need some awe-struck ingredient list with freshly Bering Sea caught Salmon....

Aren't most of the canned foods made at just a couple facilities in the U.S.?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I top my foster/rescues kibble with one of these three Trippet, Natures Instinct all meat, or Wellness grain free. I also will use an egg or canned fish as a topper if I'm out of canned dog food

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I keep a few quality cans of dogfood for emergencies and this one made in NZ (which might make it prohibitive in US if they whack the price up) is 'kiwi canine zeal', they do a few flavours but the one I have here is 'Ocean Fish, Salmon & Vegetables'
ingredients are: ocean fish, salmon, peas, carrots, potato, stabiliser, vitamins and minerals, omega oils, taurine, NZ green lipped mussel and Q10 co-enzyme and it comes in a 390g can.
WELCOME TO PETFOODNZ - producers of pure New Zealand pet food. Manufacturers of quality New Zealand Petfood - PetfoodNZ

·
Registered
532 Posts
I love Tripett, but is can get a little pricey for multiple dogs.

But I use a lot of Evangers. I know some people have said they has issues with them, but I never have. Dogs love the food and it is affordable. Evangers Gold Duck and Sweet Potato is the main one I use b/c I can feed it to all the dogs. Also like Eagle Pack Lamb.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Don't give in Kevin. Ignore it. You may be feeding too much and the dog is just compensating. Dogs will also normally eat less when it gets warm suddenly even in winter.

Take the food away after 10 minutes and try again the next feeding. You will create a picky dog that will just expect something else.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I like Tripett personally along with Ziwipeak. Wellness and Evo make all meat toppers. NVI has a food that is meat and organ, then 5% veggies and other.

Tiki Dog makes an interesting food too. $50 a can. Highly doubt anyone would splurge on it.
$50 for ONE CAN?!?!?!? OMG! I don't know anyone that would spend that kind of money on dog food. I could see if it was for a case, but not one one can, OMG!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Don't give in Kevin. Ignore it. .
How about letting the poster decide how he would like to care for his dog? considering the poster asked on another thread for suggestions, it seems like his mind has been made up. Why is it so hard for you to allow people to live their life the way they deem fit?

·
Registered
851 Posts
$50 for ONE CAN?!?!?!? OMG! I don't know anyone that would spend that kind of money on dog food. I could see if it was for a case, but not one one can, OMG!
Maybe she means $5.00 a can?
Nope, $50. You have to go see the formulas. They're crazy! I'd love to know how many people actually buy them. It'd cost $200 to feed Duke for one day! http://www.petropics.com/Kauai.htm
I'd honestly consider eating the can myself...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Nope, $50. You have to go see the formulas. They're crazy! I'd love to know how many people actually buy them. It'd cost $200 to feed Duke for one day!
OMG. WHOA. I spend a lot on my animal buying Ziwipeak (which looked better to me!) but uh, I'd go broke buying this stuff LOL My girlfriend would probably leave me, too! LOL

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I love Tripett, but is can get a little pricey for multiple dogs.

But I use a lot of Evangers. I know some people have said they has issues with them, but I never have. Dogs love the food and it is affordable. Evangers Gold Duck and Sweet Potato is the main one I use b/c I can feed it to all the dogs. Also like Eagle Pack Lamb.
I remember an Evangers issue where what was on the label as a protein wasn't in the can.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I remember an Evangers issue where what was on the label as a protein wasn't in the can.
Whoa! I just read about it here: FDA Warning Letter to Evanger's Pet Food Company

It said the lamb one had bovine in it. But it said the duck had no duck and didn't list an alternate protein!? So was there no meat protein at all? Sheesh. I would trust Nature's Logic -- I'm happy with their product..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope, $50. You have to go see the formulas. They're crazy! I'd love to know how many people actually buy them. It'd cost $200 to feed Duke for one day! Tiki Dog Brand Dog Food - Kauai Luau - Succulent Chicken On Brown Rice With Sweet Potato, Prawns, Egg, Garlic And Kale In Lobster Consomm
I'd honestly consider eating the can myself...
I found a case of 14oz cans to be $52 on this web site. That's 12 cans so each can would be $4.42. That's a much better price in my opinion. You almost gave me a heart attack there! Whew!

Product Search | PetFlow.com

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Sahara...where did you see it for $50 a can? You sure you didn't misread it or something? My friend sells the tiki cat and tiki dog products at his store (and highly recommends them) but they are nowhere near that much lol

1 - 20 of 82 Posts