Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I wanted a kibble for my Vizsla puppy that didn't have as high of Protein as Orijen, what would you pick? Top 5?:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Acana is the only one I'd feed , but not sure if its O.K. for a puppy.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
maybe some of the Castor Pollux stuff. Of course, Acana grain inclusive if you can find it(they tell me it exists though I've not seen it)....

personally I like the Wellness line though its crazy expensive...

Acana undoubtedly would be my first option.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here are my top five for a puppy (in no particular order):

1. Wellness Just for Puppy (or large breed puppy, if needed)
2. Blue Buffalo (either regular puppy or large breed puppy)
3. Canine Caviar (either chicken puppy or lamb puppy)
4. Holistic Select (reg. puppy or large breed puppy)
5. Castor & Pollux Organix or Ultramix Puppy

·
Registered
329 Posts
Canine Caviar would be the only other choice I'd feed my large breed puppy over Orijen Large Breed Puppy.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Canine Caviar would be the only other choice I'd feed my large breed puppy over Orijen Large Breed Puppy.
Canine Caviar is a decent food made be a stellar copacker, same as Blackwood and Annamaet but its a companion animal food.

Annamaet Petfoods

carefully read this page including the scientific papers written, there is no food made with this kind of expertise behind it, none

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
carefully read this page including the scientific papers written, there is no food made with this kind of expertise behind it, none
Does he know anything about modern nutrition? All these papers are 20 to 30 years old. Isn't there something more recent? He seems to believe that dogs are omnivores. There goes his credibility right out the window.

Yes, there is food made with more credibility ... Wysong comes to mind. Orijen comes to mind. Even (ugh) Abady. EVO is a better food.

ETA: Companion animals is what the greatest percentage of us feed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts