Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know at the top of the page there is a thread asking which is the top 5 foods, is that for both canned and dry, or just dry? If it's only dry, what would be considered the better or best canned foods? A top 4-5 is fine.

In general do companies that make a top notch dry food, make excellent canned foods, or do some have sub par canned foods? Or do some have better dry foods than canned?:biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've always liked the Merrick Canned foods and recently I tried the Wellness 95% meat canned and I really like that line too. I use the canned as a small topper with my dehydrated raw diet and it works out well. DJ

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love the EVO canned food. Though Merrick canned food looks tastier, my pup does much better on the EVO and she seems to love it more.

L

·
0 Posts
I rarely if ever feed canned anymore but when I did, the Evangers line was excellent! You might even consider adding just a few pieces of cooked meat instead of canned. When you cook for yourself, whatever it be, hamburger, steak, chicken, whatever, there's always a few pieces leftover that can be given to your dog. I would think that's better than any canned dog food.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have lately been getting Innova Evo95% canned and in the past have bought wellness, merrick, and evangers. Then there was some controversy with evangers so I stopped buying this! I also if I have leftover meat do use this for a topper too.:smile:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I got a case of Evo 95% beef, and a can of tripett to try. I need more tripett, my dog is a finicky eater, but he loves it

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My dogs love the Merrick BG canned tripe. They've also enjoyed Wellness, Evo, and Blue Buffalo Wilderness. However, I'd say their favorite canned food is either plain ol' human grade canned salmon or mackerel (I agree with them on the mackerel :smile:)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I understand the Merrick's BG tripe is not 100 green tripe, it's mixed green and bleached tripe. I like the fact that tripett is 100% Green tripe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts