Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nine year old pekingnese that i only feed canned food. i have had him on innova evo canned food and a glucosamine supplement as well. I was wondering if there are any other canned foods that I should try - he likes variety and I'm worried just sticking to the evo won't provide him with all the nutrients he needs. Also, if anyone has any reccomendations for senior dog supplements, that would be great... his coat could be a little shinier.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I have a 12 year old Lhasa Apso who eats both canned and dry food and is on additional vitamins because she had back surgery in her youth and was paralyzed. The best vitamins I have found for her are the Dr. Foster and Smith Lifestage Select Senior Plus vitamins. They have the most added B vitamins and Glucosamine along with the other nutrients and they are on sale right now!
She eats Innova Senior Plus dry food (the Plus version has extra vitamins) and Innova adult canned. I like to give her variety in her canned also , so she also gets California Natural canned, Back to Basics (which is quite expensive but they love it), Wellness ,and sometimes Pinnacle canned. I am limited with her because she can't have Salmon. Even though she doesnt' have many teeth left she is still able to eat the Innova Senior dry and seems to enjoy having some crunchies in a pan to munch on. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just started mixing a little Innova Flex (its pretty much chicken or beef stew) with my munchkins EVO and she loves it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts