Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and any help will do. I have a 7mo old American Bulldog and would like to feed her the best food possible. She is currently eating Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy without any problems, but i want to feed her a grain-free food. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I switched from blue buffalo lg brd adult to acana grain free prairie 4weeks ago. I wanted to go grain free but didn't want to start out with to much protein. Acana is pretty good to start with because the protein isn't as high as other grain free foods. Hope this helps.

A german shepherd mom.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Hello and welcome! Hope you find all the answers here, plenty of helpful and experienced people here willing to answer all questions! I know that the majority rule here suggest feeding Acana or Orijen...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agreed - if you'd like to go grain-free, and money isn't so much of an issue, it's hard to beat the Champion foods (Acana and Orijen). Another food by Natura called Evo used to be on that short list, but a buyout of Natura by P&G has led many folks in this forum to cast Evo aside.

If Orijen is too rich--financially or nutritionally--there are still many other options. One is Taste of the Wild, which, in some places, costs the same as grain-containing food. It does not have as much protein, and many here express concern because it is made by Diamond. Diamond has been associated with recalls and may still use a preservative in their fish that may be linked to cancer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Orijen Large Breed Puppy would be number 1! :wink:

Another food that I have been looking at is Great Life Grain Free Chicken Dog Food, but they dont have a puppy formula.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts