Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question, but Koa our husky has been really enjoying beef rib strips that we bought from the store. The bones in the meat are pretty small and I actually think that she is swallowing them. My question is, if she does not chew them up, what happens to them in her stomach? Also, she loves lamb neck bones but I also worry about the same thing?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
My question is, if she does not chew them up, what happens to them in her stomach? Also, she loves lamb neck bones but I also worry about the same thing?
They digest and are absorbed in the body. Very occasionally you might see a bone fragment in a stool but problably not often. The longer you feed raw the less that will happen.

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Our puppy Akasha swallows whole bones all the time, and we almost never see bone fragments in her stool. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

·
Banned
539 Posts
This might be a stupid question, but Koa our husky has been really enjoying beef rib strips that we bought from the store. The bones in the meat are pretty small and I actually think that she is swallowing them. My question is, if she does not chew them up, what happens to them in her stomach? Also, she loves lamb neck bones but I also worry about the same thing?
Hey I love beef rib strips, BOW WOW you can send me some, LOL.:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts