Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it ok to feed raw beef ribs? If so are the. Bones hard enough that they cannot eat them? Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My two hounds LOVE beef ribs! My dogs cannot chew through the bones but the sure try! I like to feed them because it takes my dogs a little bit to get all the meat off, then they play around with the bone. Never had any problems with them. :smile:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I prefer to feed pork ribs and let them eat them. Better teeth cleaning action if they actually eat the bones. Depending on what kind of dogs you have they may be able to eat pork ribs anyway which is ok. I prefer pork because they are softer.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Good to know that it's okay to give them beef ribs. haha. I found some for $.99/lb the other day at the store! I was, like, "SCORE!" Because I'm finding it hard to find any kind of beef for cheap....

I was cutting them up the other day and tried to cut through the bone with a big butcher knife (yes, complete amateur..I've never had any experience with cooking. XP). Totally didn't work. haha. Kinda worried me...​

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Lol, I don't even know if I could count all the beef ribs I find in my yard. My dogs love them and they're the very cheapest beef I have found, although I wish there were more meat on them.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good to know they can eat pork ribs. RFD, do you have dogs other than danes that eat them? My boxers don't eat beef ribs either but seems like malamutes can :)

I never tried pork ribs because they cost more per lb. than beef ribs, but if they can eat the bone too that's more bang for the buck!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Good to know they can eat pork ribs. RFD, do you have dogs other than danes that eat them? My boxers don't eat beef ribs either but seems like malamutes can :)

I never tried pork ribs because they cost more per lb. than beef ribs, but if they can eat the bone too that's more bang for the buck!
I feed them to my GSD (who is on the small size @ 65ish pounds) with no problem. I usually give them to her 3 or more at a time still attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts