Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bull terrier Leo definitely had an allergy to dry kibble w/ beef, now that we are past the required week of chicken/turkey raw and the two bull terriers did great, although Leo seemed to have more icky stuff come out then my female. (He is her full brother that I rescued about 41/2 months ago, 3rd owner, and they are 15 months.) She has always been fed good quality, and I'm not sure what he was fed. I know they say that kibble and raw are different copositions but what are the chances he will be allergic to raw beef too?

Thanks ! Robin

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I know they say that kibble and raw are different copositions but what are the chances he will be allergic to raw beef too?
The chances of either of them being allergic to raw beef is almost zero, however you don't want to try beef just yet. It's one of the richer meats and a little more difficult to digest in the beginning. I would give your dogs more time to adjust to digesting real food.

Start alternating turkey necks or wings with the chicken for a week. Then one or two pork meals the next week. The week after that try a meal of fish. THEN it will be time to try a meal of beef. They should be ready for beef or any other meat by then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts