Dog Food Chat banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
We have a difference in perspectives. Back-biting in this thread or on Facebook isn't much better behavior IMO.

Bill
Yes, you do have a different perspective. I find it interesting that you have chosen not to share it for the last 16 months for the most part, until yesterday. Our excuse is that we were banned.

I am naturally suspicious of people proclaiming "the science" because vets have done my dogs very dirty by telling me I can't know how to do it right unless I am a nutritionist. So to be honest, I suspect that you work for a pet food company.

And having said that, I will try to refrain from further response on this because I really don't want to get banned again.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Yes, you do have a different perspective. I find it interesting that you have chosen not to share it for the last 16 months for the most part, until yesterday. Our excuse is that we were banned.

I am naturally suspicious of people proclaiming "the science" because vets have done my dogs very dirty by telling me I can't know how to do it right unless I am a nutritionist. So to be honest, I suspect that you work for a pet food company.

And having said that, I will try to refrain from further response on this because I really don't want to get banned again.
This forum has been very slow. I participate actively on another forum. Not suprised to read certain of you have been banned previously. Not difficult to see why. Really.

I certainly do not work for a pet food ccompany, but nice try casting aspersions. I feed PMR, which—in my case—actually means feeding PMR, and not "whatever."

There are sound nutritional reasons to feed in accordance with PRM ratios. Feeling done wrong by a vet doesn't change the nutrition science.

Bill

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
And see there you go, being snarky again.

Nobody feeds "whatever" who feeds raw successfully. Which I do. Which most people who feed raw successfully do. So with your proclamations that it needs to be as complicated as possible, people that do it for years and years, and even decades, don't make it complicated. We make it as simple as possible.

·
Banned
47 Posts
And see there you go, being snarky again.

Nobody feeds "whatever" who feeds raw successfully. Which I do. Which most people who feed raw successfully do. So with your proclamations that it needs to be as complicated as possible, people that do it for years and years, and even decades, don't make it complicated. We make it as simple as possible.
Nah, I advocate keeping it simple (but sound) by sticking with 80/10/10, with plenty of variety.

Really easy and uncomplicated. It also makes sure a dog's nutritional needs are met. That's not snark; it is sincerity.

Bill

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
So do I. Except I stick to what is best for my dog and not what a chart tells me. If that's the same thing, fine. If it's not, then its my dog who benefits. I have said it before and I will say it again as many times as I have to because people get scared off when they think if they don't get some kind of calculation correct they won't be doing it right.

·
Banned
47 Posts
So do I. Except I stick to what is best for my dog and not what a chart tells me. If that's the same thing, fine. If it's not, then its my dog who benefits. I have said it before and I will say it again as many times as I have to because people get scared off when they think if they don't get some kind of calculation correct they won't be doing it right.
And I'll continue to provide the actual evidence for feeding according to prey-model ratios (instead of an ambigious and unquantifiable standard of "what's best for my dog") as the best means for meeting very well established mineral needs (ones that if not met can lead to serious nutritional issues) as I feel most potential raw feeders are "scared" of doing it incorrectly (a reasonable concern).

By giving evidence for PMR ratios being optimal it quells newcomers fears. And it quells those fears not by saying "don't worry about it", but instead by offering a very simple, sound, and uncomplicated way to feed optimally.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Maybe certain people that can't manage to show others any respect would have been better left unbanned?

Bill
Sent you a pm.....

41 - 52 of 52 Posts