Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here every wonder why the site is dwindling to nothing? Why no one ever posts? Why you don't have floods of people bantering back and forth, asking questions, getting answers?

Really? you don't? Maybe you should, maybe this forum could be revived.

A good place to start would be to reinstate experienced raw feeders who have stupidly been banned. Xellil and MagicRe would be a good start. Banning people who bring experience and banter to a forum makes no sense. This forum has been since the smart interesting people left.

It will be interesting to see if the admins/mods can sacrifice their own pride and arrogance and invite the people needed to make this forum interesting back. I will be watching to see unless I get banned also. LOL

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
This use to be a fabulous forum. I started full time PMR feeding some 8 years ago and this forum ultimately was the reason why. They held my hand, answered my endless questions, reassured me when everyone else, including my vet, told me I would kill my dog, and now, 8 years later, I can say with all certainty that feeding PMR was the single best thing I did for my dog. All because of DFC.
In turn, I've personally helped transition at least 10 other dogs to PMR. All because of this little forum.
Kibble feeders (I feed my cat kibble) use to get great information from here. Every dog or cat that is taken off Pedigree or Alpo or Ol Roy and put on Farmina, Fromm or Orijen because of this forum, is a life saved.
We need the old people back. They were the life and soul of DFC.
All the oldies are now all on Facebook. We still talk, ask questions, discuss our private lives, our dogs lives, and, most importantly, we are all friends. The wealth of information so generously given is amazing. And, DFC is missing out.
We all love DFC, we all have a soft spot for this place. We still discuss it quite often even though it's been years since many of us have visited. It's where we met, where we argued, fought, helped our dogs and made life long friends. Many of us have now met in real life, and the bond we formed on here continues to this day. It's amazing what a simple forum can end up doing, how it can change lives, and how, most importantly, it can change our dogs and cats lives so much for the better.
Tomorrow, I am meeting up with a friend who I met here.
This is what the forum needs to get back to. Sure, we argue, we discuss, we upset others, but at the end of the day, we know what we are talking about because we've done the walk and talked the talk.
Please look at adding Xellil and Magicre back, I can guarantee you will not regret it. People would pay for the experience and knowledge these people have and here they are offering it for free.
Fighting amongst raw feeders and kibble feeders is just a fact of life. It happens. People read what is written and make their decisions from there. Hell, it use to be fun and interesting, and I personally learnt so much from both sides of the fence. Information that I was able to pass on to others to help their dogs. Which, ultimately, is why we are all here. To help our dogs and other people dogs have a healthier, happier, more fulfilling life.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It seems that our Xellil has been un banned but the admins/mods still have the temerity to keep our wise magicre banned. Absolute nonsense. I do so hope an admin deigns to check in on this forum and might work up the character to reinstate our magicre. I wonder how often an admin bothers to pop onto this site, there isn't much to moderate. Sigh

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I think I just realized today that magicre is banned. I can't imagine why? What did I miss?? Magicre is a HUGE influence on raw feeders, both new and experienced. I pray she will be reinstated.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have fond memories of this forum. It seems to have all gone by the wayside. Sadly, since this forum seems to be so poorly moderated that not one admin or mod could address this issue I have absolutely no hope for the continuance or growth of this failing forum. It is sad that people cannot get answers to their questions and are left unanswered. Frankly you should just shut down at least the raw feeding portion so you don't give people the illusion that you will be helping them. This place has become a waste of internet space.

My suggestion should anyone need real assistance is check on Facebook where question are actually answered, assistance is given, where there are people on who will give you information and assistance in a timely manner.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
Facebook has great raw feeding groups and such. Another one for anyone interested is Prey Model Raw - PMR dog food.

I hope at least some GOOD mods will be appointed here soon, because I would hate to see this forum fail.

Reactions: Herzo and xellil

·
Registered
684 Posts
Playing devil's advocate here, some people come on here to ask questions about kibble fed dogs, and it invariably turns into a kibble vs. raw debate. Some people do not wish to go raw, and simply want some advice from experienced kibble users.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
There are thousands of places to get kibble advice, and still not that many places to get raw feeding advice. There are a lot of facebook sites now for raw feeding but most of them aren't very good. IMO. Maybe the time for this place has passed by, since it has an old format (that I still like much better than facebook for things like this).

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Even when there was that kibble vs raw thing going on, at least it was interesting and informative. And there were lots of people posting. I won't lie, I learnt a lot during those debates. The thing can't be denied though is that we all had/have our dogs' wellbeing at heart, very passionately at heart. Thats what I miss about DFC now.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sorry, but I don't miss the people that were banned -- they were booted because they were not just argumentative, but were down right bellicose if you challenged their opinions in any way.

As soon as someone came on asking about dry dog food, they were immediately set upon by the raw feeders and made to feel like they were bad owners who didn't care about their dogs. Because as well all know, raw feeding is the panacea for everything.

I don't care if you feed your dog raw. Just don't proselytize about it or insult people who don't subscribe to your feeding philosophy feel inadequate.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts