Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They started about 9 days ago. Pax started out rather un-interested but has come on strong.:biggrin: He will not be the same crunch it up eater that Wolfie and Zeke are. There are very few things (if any) he does that aren't in slow motion. I'm thinking this weekend he is ready for something new as he is fine with any size, cut of chicken with or without the skin. He is a very slow, methodical crucher. His poo seems fine.

Bailey(Boxer) however ---
1. takes 10 minutes or more(been timing it) to eat a 12oz quarter. She is a go-getter on the piece and does not stop but generally swallows and regurgitates and re-eats often 2-3 times per meal. The skin seems to be a problem for her and the mess on the rug and floor from pieces of tissue that gets really slimed up is amazing;
2. has had a couple of boughts of yellow vomit, which I guess is the empty stomach turning on thing. They have each happened in the morning before eating;
3. has had a couple of white vomit occassions, with pieces included, a couple of hours after eating;
4. pooh has looked fine when I check right after seeing her have a bowel movement;

Questions are-
1. Should I consider a differant cut of meat ie breast or thigh only instead of a whole quarter, remove the skin etc. Should I consider small quarters or cut into two sections. Not real excited about giving her just a leg as she is/was a kibble gulper;
2. The yellow vomit thing, give a little late night snack or early AM snack;
3. ???;
4. With the above hold off on new meat source this weekend?

I think she is my payback for how easy the first two were and that probably Pax will be.

:confused::confused::confused::

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
1. takes 10 minutes or more(been timing it) to eat a 12oz quarter. She is a go-getter on the piece and does not stop but generally swallows and regurgitates and re-eats often 2-3 times per meal. The skin seems to be a problem for her and the mess on the rug and floor from pieces of tissue that gets really slimed up is amazing;
2. has had a couple of boughts of yellow vomit, which I guess is the empty stomach turning on thing. They have each happened in the morning before eating;
3. has had a couple of white vomit occassions, with pieces included, a couple of hours after eating;
4. pooh has looked fine when I check right after seeing her have a bowel movement;

Questions are-
1. Should I consider a differant cut of meat ie breast or thigh only instead of a whole quarter, remove the skin etc. Should I consider small quarters or cut into two sections. Not real excited about giving her just a leg as she is/was a kibble gulper;
She is still new and still learning. It takes a while sometimes to learn how to handle those things. You can remove skin for awhile if you wish. I wouldn't feed smaller quarters or cut in half quarters. Just give her time.

2. The yellow vomit thing, give a little late night snack or early AM snack;
You can do that or do nothing and it'll probably go away in time, once her stomach adjusts itself and learns the eating time.

I wouldn't worry about it. Again, its an adjustment period. It's just taking her longer to adjust. Is she an older dog? Does she re-eat the vomit? I would wait and see what she does with it. She may very well eat it.

4. With the above hold off on new meat source this weekend?
Yes, I would hold off another week or even two more weeks if it takes it.

I think she is my payback for how easy the first two were and that probably Pax will be.
Yep. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts