Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else noticed a problem?

My dog is a very difficult dog to find dry food for so when I find a bag he does good on I stay with it.

He did great on wellness for over a year until they switched from thier original bags to the new plastic ones I notice popping up everywhere. I didn't think anything of it until he started getting sick and hot spots popped up. I was convinced when he stopped wanting his food all together and trust me this is not a dog to turn up his nose at food. Wellness was very good about refunding and I asked if the ingredients had changed with a negative answer.
So the new hunt began. I finally ended with AvoDerm and we did ok. Another year later and I move to the middle of nowhere and can't find my AvoDerm within a 100 mile radius. So I did find a nice feed store that sold Taste of the Wild. The first bag he did ok, only a couple of hot spots, the second bag he again got sick and refused to eat. Unfortunatly I couldn't get my money back this time. My dog is a big dog so we always get the large bag.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas why the plastic bags would be a problem?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have never heard of plastic bags causing issues before. And I'm sure if they were causing problems with dogs the companies wouldn't use them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would like to believe that, but in my experiance very few companies sacrifice profit for "minimal risk".
That's very true...unfortunately...

However I have not experienced any problems with food fed from the new bags. From what I've read, it's supposed to be more environmentally friendly packaging, but in any case, I haven't heard anything about it causing problems with the food. Is there a common ingredient in the foods you've tried that your dog may be allergic to?

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
arent bags made frm paper?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts