Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here we go again. I was feeding EVO and had great results as far as coat and energy etc. Her coat never looked so good. But every few days she would have kinda runny poo. So I switched to Orijen. Over the past few months, she has lost a lot of hair, you can see her skin just by looking at her closely. Took her to the vet and she had an ear infection and they put her on anti-biotic to also treat the skin issue. I wanted them to try that first prior to a skin biopsy (they said that is the next step).

Her skin and coat was also mush drier than when on the EVO.

So I bought EVO this weekend and I am transitioning her back to it while I finish up the Orijen bag I had.

So I guess my question is, is it bad if they have soft poo every couple days while running a lot?

She still goes at her normal times so it's not like she has uncontrolled diarrhea or something, it just gets kinda runny at the end of her going every day or two.

I guess I am thinking I want to see if the food is the difference prior to putting her under for a skin biopsy.

She is a weim/lab mix just turned 4 last month. Other than the above issues she seems completely normal. good water consumption, unbelievable appetite, and has an more energy than you could believe. We run her every day, you have too or you can't deal with her. I think that is the weim.

thoughts?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
well here we go again. I was feeding EVO and had great results as far as coat and energy etc. Her coat never looked so good. But every few days she would have kinda runny poo. So I switched to Orijen. Over the past few months, she has lost a lot of hair, you can see her skin just by looking at her closely. Took her to the vet and she had an ear infection and they put her on anti-biotic to also treat the skin issue. I wanted them to try that first prior to a skin biopsy (they said that is the next step).

Her skin and coat was also mush drier than when on the EVO.

So I bought EVO this weekend and I am transitioning her back to it while I finish up the Orijen bag I had.

So I guess my question is, is it bad if they have soft poo every couple days while running a lot?

She still goes at her normal times so it's not like she has uncontrolled diarrhea or something, it just gets kinda runny at the end of her going every day or two.

I guess I am thinking I want to see if the food is the difference prior to putting her under for a skin biopsy.

She is a weim/lab mix just turned 4 last month. Other than the above issues she seems completely normal. good water consumption, unbelievable appetite, and has an more energy than you could believe. We run her every day, you have too or you can't deal with her. I think that is the weim.

thoughts?
I have to tell you that Zio experiences the same thing when he is very active/running. Especially on days when he's field trialing & is going far afield at full speed for at least a half hour. Other GSPs or similar hunting breeds seem to have this "problem" about needing to empty out their system when they're running.

Meanwhile, down here we've been hellishly hot, even by FL standards. So we're only running him for a max of 20 mintues. However, he'll still do a "kennel squat" and it's not uncommon for it to be very soft since he's already had a normal potty break around 6:30am. BTW, he's on EVO Turkey & Chicken.

I would keep an eye on her & see if EVERY movement winds up being runny. At that point you need to get her to a vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts