Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here feed their canines Avoderm Naturals?

A good friend of mine gave me whatever was left of a 15 pound bag of the Oven-Baked Lamb formula when her dog passed away.

So I decided to make good use of it. My dogs all loved it. It seems like a decent kibble.

I like the fact that it is oven-baked which means it is (ideally) not as processed as the "regular" kibble.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I personally don't use it but it was a popular pick in Denver, a lot of the dogs I worked with out there were on it and seemed to be in pretty good shape.
I know quite a few breeders use it in the weaning process because the texture of the baked food is easy to make 'mush' out of.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, Avoderm has avocado in it, but some other companies use avocado too. Natura (makers of Innova, Evo, Cal. Nat., Karma, Healthwise) puts avocado in Healthwise. I know there are other companies that use avocado, but I just can't think of them right now. Anyway, Breeder's Choice, the maker of Avoderm has been in business for quite awhile. I don't recall hearing about dogs having problems with this food or with the avocado in it. I personally have used the Avoderm Natural line...the can and dry food and the "kookies". It is really reasonably priced...I got a 15-20 lb. bag for 17.00. The can food is about 1.29 a can and the "kookies" are about 4.99 a bag. My dogs did well on the food and liked it. In fact, I use it every so often. I tend to rotate thru quite a few foods (I work in a pet boutique) with my dogs. I do recommend Avoderm. I don't think Breeder's Choice would be in business for as long as they have if avocado in their food was a problem. Go to their website and read all they have to say about the use of it in their food. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Good advice. I think though it is heavy on the grains and I do feed my dogs wellness superfive mix at times but I have been going more grainless now. with like the core and evo and orijen. I found a new place even closer by me that sells orijen so this is very tempting just to go there!
But I am going to check this out heck if its a great quality food and you can get it at petco, that is a great find then! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

I did check out the sight and looked up the product on the dogfoodanalysis. Seems that they question the meat content & some of the ingredients. Oh well think I will stick with other foods but hey if it works for your pups I would think its fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts