Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok this is a weird question i know, but let me explain. i ran out of hand soap and body wash for myself today, so i ventured to the supermarket to pick some up. i use my body wash as hand wash also, just so you guys know. anyways i saw a pretty cool new dial product called dial magnetic. it supposedly is infused with real pheromones. i did a search on this, and came upon some pheromone forums stating this was actually true, and it has legitimate pheromones. anyway it was cheap and i thought id try it.

my question is this. like i said i wash my hands with my body wash, and this one has pheromones in it. if i wash my hands with it, and then play with my dog will it do anything to him? if so ill go buy hand wash!

http://www.getmagnetic.com/

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Ok sorry I just laughed when I read this, couldn't help it.

Considering you are a pheromone machine already, age/gender, it shouldn't even make a difference to your dog. I personally think that this soap is just using fancy word marketing to make their soap seem cooler...

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
well that was very helpful thanks.....
Sorry, but I don't think there's any need for you to be rude about it. She is not OBLIGATED to help you out, and she's allowed to post whatever she wants.​

·
Registered
10,128 Posts

Sorry, but I don't think there's any need for you to be rude about it. She is not OBLIGATED to help you out, and she's allowed to post whatever she wants.​
It's true that I can post whatever I want but within reason, and sometimes I really hold my tongue LOL

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok sorry I just laughed when I read this, couldn't help it.

Considering you are a pheromone machine already, age/gender, it shouldn't even make a difference to your dog. I personally think that this soap is just using fancy word marketing to make their soap seem cooler...
well it does have legit pheromones in it. im not saying a whole ton but it does have enough to make the guys at omen pheromone board i googled excited lol.

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i wasnt rude. the question was strange enough to post as it is, without you guys laughing at me, but i figured id post it cause i figured people here would actually help, and i care about my dog, so i took the chance. but you just laugh..so i sday he wasnt helpful. and neither were you!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
well it does have legit pheromones in it. im not saying a whole ton but it does have enough to make the guys at omen pheromone board i googled excited lol.
Pheromones are not harmful to dogs. In fact, people, particularly young males, are pheromone factories pretty much! I'm not sure why you'd even think this soap might be harmful to use on your hadns and then pet your dog, but its not.
In fact, pheromones have been used as a calming aid for dogs quite effectively without ill effects. I would not lose sleep over the effects of petting your dog after washing your hands. I'm not sure why anyone would even want pheromone soap, actually, but oooook.

I googled a pheromone board. It was such a joke. I guess there really is a forum for EVERYTHING these days.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
i wasnt rude. the question was strange enough to post as it is, without you guys laughing at me, but i figured id post it cause i figured people here would actually help, and i care about my dog, so i took the chance. but you just laugh..so i sday he wasnt helpful. and neither were you!
No one laughed AT YOU. There is no need to get overly and rudely defensive in every single thread you post to. People are trying to help, but perhaps she, like many of us, think the idea of "pheromone soap" is a bit silly.
No one is obligated to help. No one is obligated to post only serious, informational posts. This is a pretty friendly community, and sometimes we get a good laugh out of some of the products out there. No one means any offense to you by any means.
It would be wonderful if you'd let lose and realize everyone is not out to get you, so just relax a bit. Rude defensive remarks really aren't needed. :smile:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I have to agree with CorgiPaws here. We weren't laughing AT you. We were laughing at the idea of "a dog that really wants to get to know you better" because of the extra pheromones. We were ACTUALLY laughing at Punk's remark.

You do get really defensive and rude in a lot of your threads, and others' threads, so yes, when you respond with something like you did, I find that it's really rude and offensive, because we weren't laughing AT you. You just need to realize that we're not here to get down on you, we're not here to laugh at you. The whole world isn't out to get you, so don't treat it like it is.​

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
my question is this. like i said i wash my hands with my body wash, and this one has pheromones in it. if i wash my hands with it, and then play with my dog will it do anything to him? if so ill go buy hand wash!
Dude, you can't be serious...

will it do anything to him? :confused: :confused: :confused:

It might make him want to do another YouTube video with you but not sure you'd wanna post that one up for the world to see :eek:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Fresh5 you need to lighten up, you have gotten defensive in several other posts as well. This is not a KGB torture institute. Smile, laugh....jeez...:smile:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
They won't hurt the dog.
My boss, who is a male veterinarian, bought some off the internet and used them....lols.
The dogs were just extra sniffy at him.
They seemed to like them more than the ladies did, I have to say. ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
id be scared dogs would attempt to breed me. i swear i have dogs at work try to breed my arm or hand a couple of times a week. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts