Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I give Bailey some apples every now and then after cutting some up for ourselves....she loves them and I love how her mouth foams up after eating a few pieces :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
When I cut up a apple for myself which is about twice a week, the dogs get to split the smallest wedge between them, they love the apple even though they get no nutritional value from it.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Lucky gets some apple every now and then too. she loves them. she wont really eat carrots if i throw her one but she LOVES apples.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
My Samoyed used to love to eat apples when we would visit the orchards and get cider in Vermont. At $2.29 a pound here, I rarely buy them for myself and the one time I offered them to Rocky, he had no interest.

I did read an article recently that said that an apple was one of the worst fruits you can buy in the grocery store now because of the pesticide build up in the skin. It was really an informative article and recommended that if you had to buy apples, then you always peel the skin off. Mostly it said to stick to fruits that had tough outer skins like bananas and pineapples....etc. I'll try and find the article again and post it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
My hubby eats an apple a day and always shares with our one yellow lab. The other dogs do not care for apple but she loves them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts