Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm curious as to whether anyone on this forum has had any success with the N. Balance lamb and Rice limited ingredient formula for a dog with food sensitivities. I'm still on the quest for the right food to help my pup with his loose stools. I'm not looking to go grain free until he's a year old...

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
You might be having problems with it because it is very carb heavy. I have heard some good reviews of it, but not many.

I know you said you don't want to go grain free, I just wanted to make sure you knew there are grain free diets formulated for puppies as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I know you said you don't want to go grain free, I just wanted to make sure you knew there are grain free diets formulated for puppies as well.[/QUOTE]"

Thanks for the post, Corgipaws!! Nice to hear from you again. I'd be very interested in hearing about the grain free diets formulated for puppies...please share!!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Thanks for the post, Corgipaws!! Nice to hear from you again. I'd be very interested in hearing about the grain free diets formulated for puppies...please share!!
Ohh I'm glad you didn't take offense! I hate to recommend things people already said they didn't want, it's just that a lot of people don't want to go grain free because MOST grain free foods are for adults only, just wanted to make sure you knew.

Orijen makes a grain free puppy formula, as well as a large breed puppy formula. (I personally think large breed formulas are a gimmick, but I know a lot of people with English Bulldogs feel more comfortable with them, so they have it!)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Corgipaws! I will definitely look at the grain free Orijen formulas.I definitely don't take any offense...I am just grateful for any guidance I can get! On a personal note, I see you have an American Cocker. I had one for 13 years...they are such wonderful dogs, even though mine was terribly naughty!

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Haha, my american cocker is pretty naughty herself! She's funny though. I really hope you find a food that works out for you, I know firsthand how frustrating it is when you're trying to do everything right and just not getting the kind of results you want. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Corgipaws! You've always been so incredibly supportive of me and my pup! I admit--the frustration level gets to me sometimes. Like you said, I'm trying to do everything right and NOTHING works! I am not pleased with what I'm seeing on Canidae (lots of pudding poops but I'm trying my best not to throw in the towl and change Tuffy's food AGAIN because I know it's not going to help him.) What I AM doing is giving him smaller portions and stopping all the added goodies in the kibble to see if we can see if it's truly the food or the other added elements. I'll give it a few weeks and hope for the best! But Wellness did send me some free samples of their large breed puppy formula so if Canidae turns out to be a lost cause I have something to go to. Also Natural Balance has future possibilities. I did carefully check out the grain free Orijen formula you recommended but after reading some reviews I believe the high protein level might be too much for his sensitive tummy. But I may turn to it as some point if all else fails....

Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts