Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
If they have Barley "Grass" and Wheat "Grass" in them, it seems that it would be the same as having barley and wheat added so they would not be considered grain free. They do seem to have a lot of unneccessary ingredients in them, even if they are pushing that they are all raw and organic ingredients.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of garbage in them that's not really useful to your dog. I personally wouldn't buy them
Jon,

Can you tell me what was on the ingredient list that set off the red flags? I'd like to start keeping a list so I don't forget.

Thanks,
Jean

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
Ingredients: Ground Brown Rice, Ground Wheat, Chicken, Chicken Organs, Organic Chicken, Dried Wheat Grass Powder, Dried Barley Grass Powder, Whey, Dried Yogurt, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Sage Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Kelp, Fish Oil, Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper, Artichoke, L-Carnitine, Direct Fed Microbes (Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Yeast Culture, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product), Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

well, the fact that it's processed is already a deal breaker to me, but a fast glance?

1. ground wheat
2. dried wheat grass
3. dried barley grass powder
4. salt
5. black pepper? why?

these are treats. why all the vitamins? and if you're training, you'd be giving a lot of treats, yes? so how would you know, then, if you're giving too much of some of these vitamins and probiotics....

is it possible to make your own?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts