Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this site, but would like to know how people feel about Halo dry dog food. I've had my yellow labs on it for about a month and they seem to be doing good, but it's alittle pricey and I can't decide if I can continue. Please respond if you have any opinions. Thanks! bransu

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Halo is ok but it is very lacking in meat content and has a ton of extra stuff in there that dogs really don't need like all those veggies. I'd say there are much better brands you could get for that price. Welcome to the forum!

L

·
0 Posts
I tried my dogs (one of them is a yellow lab) on Halo when it first came out and the store was giving away samples. I bought the smallest size bag. It gave my dogs diarrhea so I stopped feeding it. However, I'm a big fan of Ellen.

My dogs are getting 'Healthwise' which is made by Natura Pet Products, the same company that makes Innova, Evo, and California Natural. 'Healthwise' is reasonably cheaper than most premium brands, and is of decent quality. Natural Balance Ultra is good and is reasonably priced, too.

Heck, anything is better than Purina Dog Chow!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!
I have two labs along with a beagle and an ori~pei.
I have no expereince with halo foods. I have only heard they are ok but not a great food! I think sometimes when celebrities (Ellen DeGenerees) and others like Rachel Ray they promote things and people tend to see their names and think it has to be great! But it isn't always the best! But if your dogs doing good on it then if it works for you could be fine!

My one lab is right now on wellness core I mix it with wellness superfive mix the weight control formula both mixes. gives a little variety when trying to slim down! Ha its almost bathing suit season and she wants her figure back ok all jokes aside, she eats one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening!
My other lab and the other dogs right now I have EVO turkey mix and Merrick BG before grain buffalo and I have wellness superfivemix lamb and rice for them! They are already swim suit ready (JK)!

At first the transition was not so great with the higher protien foods very very gassy! But seems again they are starting to get use to it more and not as bad YEAH! But still they do have their moments! UGH!
Well I have tried a few foods now california natural liked this , natura products great foods artemis, blue buffalo holistic their are tons of great foods out there its just getting what agrees with your dogs that is the key!
Good luck and have fun here!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts