Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to laugh to myself sometimes when people bring their dogs in, and go on and on and on about how worried they are to do daycare or boarding because Schnookums has such bad separation anxiety. These are almost ALWAYS the people that upon drop off do big long baby-talk goodbyes, smothering them in kisses, and telling them "it's okay, don't worry, mommy will come back, it's ok Schnookums"
Nine times out of ten, the "dog with terrible anxiety" is 100% fine as soon as their anxious owners are out the door. These are also the people who call upwards of ten times a day to check on them. (don't get me wrong, we don't mind owners calling everyday, or even twice or so a day... but at least once an hour is a bit much!)

Anyone else had experience with this? The more insane the owner, the more insane the dog.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Oh this SOOO sounds familiar, I too work at a Doggie Daycare/Pet Boarding/Vet and some of the owners we see....we have one client in particular who is seriously trying munchausens (sp?) for her new beagle who is now about 2 yeras old, she had one who lived to be 14 but was on lots of medications, and she is convinced her new puppy needs medications when it really doesn't, she calls us sometimes 5 or 6 times a day with questions/concerns, her dog needs this her dog needs that. We get them all the time "Oh, I know she is just going to shake and drool all day, Pookie HATES it when I leave her" then as soon as the owner is out the door....dog is bouncing around happily playing with all their new friends....although have seen where the dog and owner are equally neurotic, I think sometimes the owners 'energy' rubs off on the dog lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts