Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about if the dogs are on antibiotics? The answer is no. Why would they?
Yes...pretty straight forward of you ask me!

For example, if your female whelped a litter and had mastitis and the vet prescribed antibiotics for her....would the antibiotics affect her digestive tract from properly digesting the raw meat?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
No more than it would affect the digestive tract from properly digesting kibble or any other food. Nor anymore than it would affect the digestive tract of a human. Would it slow it up some? Yeah problably but in my case I have never noticed a difference in my digestion whether or not I'm on abx. I don't know why a dog would be any different.

ETA: When you first asked the question, I thought you might have been asking about antibiotics in the raw food.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No more than it would affect the digestive tract from properly digesting kibble or any other food. Nor anymore than it would affect the digestive tract of a human. Would it slow it up some? Yeah problably but in my case I have never noticed a difference in my digestion whether or not I'm on abx. I don't know why a dog would be any different.

ETA: When you first asked the question, I thought you might have been asking about antibiotics in the raw food.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for your reply!:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts