Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pancreas is 'organ' organ, right?
I was going to grab some from Hare Today just to round out the organ stuff, and to be honest, I prefer it ground and added to their big meaty bones.
Because I am a wuss.

Is it okay to feed even if the dogs don't have a pancreatic issue?

Reactions: Jodysmom

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woo hoo, I just made my first Hare Today order and got:
Goat
Rabbit Heads
Rabbit
Green Tripe (just for variety)
Pancreas and other organ.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm going on record as saying that green tripe is the MOST disgusting thing I have ever handled EV-ER. Ew, ew, ew. Have fun! :wink:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh oh...now I am a little afraid.
Oh well I guess I can' grab some gloves from work.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
How come you handle it? I just defrost it, then cut off one end and kinda squeeze it out evenly between the bowls, never actually touching it, yuck!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
Pancreas is an organ, but it is not one of the "essential" organs. If you can't find it on a regular basis, don't worry. As long as you can get liver and kidney in you will be covered on all bases. BUT variety is key so if you can find it at a decent price there is no reason that it isn't good to feed.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How come you handle it? I just defrost it, then cut off one end and kinda squeeze it out evenly between the bowls, never actually touching it, yuck!
I haven't ever fed it yet, to be honest.
I was just trying to prepare!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The tripe was unfrozen so I couldn't really slice it. It was all crumbly, and I had to pull it apart by hand. Not recommended. Next one will be sawed through frozen for sure. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts