Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we fed some liver. Everyone did eat some so it seemed a pretty good start. Olie took it like it was chicken. Suri would not keep it in her mouth, so I waited until she at her pork and then she took the liver from the fork. The poms Aoki and Coco ate & played with theirs a few minutes and then ate theirs. But..........about 30 minutes later Coco puked all his food back up. It was nasty, and he had no interest in cleaning it up.

Do you think this was the liver?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
it might have been, might not have been. There's really no way to know for sure. Just introduce it very slowly, and you should be fine. Little pieces, about the size of your thumb nail to start.

My Boxer is my regurgitator. SHe likes to eat her meals twice quite often. lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning I broke out some more small pieces - Olie and Suri ate it, not big fans of the liver but they ate it. Aoki ate a piece and with in 5 minutes threw up. SO.....my poms seem to be having a hard time keeping this down. Is liver that vital?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
It still could be too early for the Poms to handle the liver yet, some dogs don't get liver until 2-3 months into raw feeding and I believe you are just over a month in or more.

When the time comes try a different liver source, not sure what one your using be it chicken or beef, maybe try pork liver or lamb. Good Luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right up on 2 months. I will try waiting until month 3:biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts