Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday Zio placed 2nd in Amateur Gun Dog during the North FL GSP Club stakes with a clean round & 3 finds (plus 1 non-productive). The fields were very wet & muddy after the recent rains down here; a fair bit of messy slogging for everyone.

Apparently, since there were 16 entries, this now gives him 1 point towards either Amateur or Open Field Champion. [We are unconsciously incompetent about the this part so if anyone knows more about this, please feel free to chime in!<lol>]

We were hoping to be in the top 10, but 2nd. Wow! :smile:

Meanwhile, we will be intensifying our Obedience training, with a goal towards doing CDX in the Lakeland trials in mid February, culminating with him doing the GSP Nationals in Ocala for CDX.

Pearce & Zio... what a pair! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Congrats! I'm always inpressed with anyone who gets that far in dog training and sticks with it....especially the gun dog. I can't even get Rocky over his fear of airsoft and pellet gun noise, much less anything louder. Do you start with them really young with the gun sounds? Seems like all of my dogs have always been afraid of guns.

·
Banned
493 Posts
Congrats! Keep up the good work:smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts