Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know, totally late, but I wanted to show off!!
Annie is on the cover of a Boxerforums calendar, and I personally think she did it well! Yeah, she's pretty much famous. :wink: Not one, not two, but THREE pictures of my little girl on the cover.

And shes inside of it, too.

I flipping love Annie.

Check it out!
Wall Calendar 2010 > "The Org"

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
She is super cute! And deserves to have the cover!

I will brag too if you don't mind LOL...Akasha made the month of April in the Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue calendar this year too!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You both have the right to brag! How sweet for both of you! Both dogs are well within the bragging rights! Too cute!:biggrin:

Reactions: DaneMama

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wow, what an honor!

Goes to prove what a beautiful sweet dog she is!!!

Let's just hope she doesn't get too much of an ego now.

"No photos, please!"

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
She is super cute! And deserves to have the cover!

I will brag too if you don't mind LOL...Akasha made the month of April in the Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue calendar this year too!

Congrats to you too!

Flip will never be a cover boy for rescue poodles. :(
The poodle folks are a bit snotty and don't like him because his coloring is wrong and he
doesn't have a continental clip..or even a traditional poodle clip. I am guessing they think he looks too much like a 'doodle.

Reactions: DaneMama

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
I think he is perfectly handsome...and would definitely include him in a calendar. I personally think that they show cut poodles are kinda ridiculous looking...hard to take them seriously LOL :wink:

Actually I really, really want to get a "Dog of the Month" contest going and each dog that wins the month gets that month in the calendar, but I have yet to hear back from the site owner about getting that forum set up. I might just start a stickied thread in the General Chat forum with each months contest...what do you all think of that idea?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a poodle owner, but I guess I'm not a "poodle folk" cause I *hate* those stupid show cuts. IMO, they are one of the most grotesque things I've seen.
The only cut that Seamus or any poodle of mine will ever have is a puppy cut.
I don't *even* want to get into my feelings about conformation and the need to have a poodle cut, etc.

I don't have any calender pics to show of him, but here's an agility web page I do. Seamus is the poodle dood in a couple pictures on top.
Glacier Chasers photo fundraiser, dog agility, kalispell

NOTE: for some reason, I can't just insert the url. It insists on putting all the metatags in when I want to make it clickable. Anyone know why?

It's dogshots.biz

Joe

Congrats to you too!

Flip will never be a cover boy for rescue poodles. :(
The poodle folks are a bit snotty and don't like him because his coloring is wrong and he
doesn't have a continental clip..or even a traditional poodle clip. I am guessing they think he looks too much like a 'doodle.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think he is perfectly handsome...and would definitely include him in a calendar. I personally think that they show cut poodles are kinda ridiculous looking...hard to take them seriously LOL :wink:

Actually I really, really want to get a "Dog of the Month" contest going and each dog that wins the month gets that month in the calendar, but I have yet to hear back from the site owner about getting that forum set up. I might just start a stickied thread in the General Chat forum with each months contest...what do you all think of that idea?

I would definitely be interested, it would be fun!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm a poodle owner, but I guess I'm not a "poodle folk" cause I *hate* those stupid show cuts. IMO, they are one of the most grotesque things I've seen.
The only cut that Seamus or any poodle of mine will ever have is a puppy cut.
I don't *even* want to get into my feelings about conformation and the need to have a poodle cut, etc.

I don't have any calender pics to show of him, but here's an agility web page I do. Seamus is the poodle dood in a couple pictures on top.
Glacier Chasers photo fundraiser, dog agility, kalispell

NOTE: for some reason, I can't just insert the url. It insists on putting all the metatags in when I want to make it clickable. Anyone know why?

It's dogshots.biz

Joe
Seamus is a very handsome boy!

I agree about the poodle cuts! They are silly.
I think Seamus and Flip are much cuter as they are. :biggrin:

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
I know, I know, totally late, but I wanted to show off!!
Annie is on the cover of a Boxerforums calendar, and I personally think she did it well! Yeah, she's pretty much famous. :wink: Not one, not two, but THREE pictures of my little girl on the cover.

And shes inside of it, too.

I flipping love Annie.

Check it out!
Wall Calendar 2010 > "The Org"
thats pretty cool. how do you apply? is there a golden calender?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats pretty cool. how do you apply? is there a golden calender?
It was a contest on a Boxer forum.
I'm sure there is in a Golden club or forum. The contests don't usually come around til around october though.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Thanks, he thanks you too. All the people at Home Depot sure like him, we just got back from there. We got there all the time, not to buy stuff, but just to walk him.
Haha I do that with Peyton too. Very good socialization for them! I definitely prefer the puppy cut on most dogs over the show cut.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I honestly think that any breed in their proper show cut is silly.
I have a cocker spaniel puppy who will be in a forever puppy cut because the show cuts are just obnoxious.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Great success Annie and Akasha! Cover dogs, wonder dogs! How cute they are, and how proud you must be to have them in those calendars.

I'm all for the pet of the month, only after I figure out the picture thing..Haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts