Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, RFD, I found an old article in a thread on this board back in July where everyone was attacking you for trying to help (heh), I was wondering if there was anyway to make it a sticky or whatever.. It's a good read. Very detailed and informative.

I especially liked this particular part. It made me :eek:

Because of persistent rumors that rendered by-products contain dead dogs and cats, the FDA conducted a study looking for pentobarbital, the most common euthanasia drug, in pet foods. They found it. Ingredients that were most commonly associated with the presence of pentobarbital were meat-and-bone-meal and animal fat. However, they also used very sensitive tests to look for canine and feline DNA, which were not found.
Get The Facts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I found this... Kinda helps support the theory, or fact, that salmonella doesn't effect our animals..

In February 2007, the FDA issued a warning to consumers not to buy “Wild Kitty,” a frozen food containing raw meat. Routine testing by FDA had revealed Salmonella in the food. FDA specifically warned about the potential for illness in humans, not pets. There were no reports of illness or death of any pets, and the food was not recalled.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey, RFD, I found an old article in a thread on this board back in July where everyone was attacking you for trying to help (heh), I was wondering if there was anyway to make it a sticky or whatever.. It's a good read. Very detailed and informative.
Hehe, I don't even remember my posts of last week. I didn't know I was here in july. :smile: That post doesn't even sound vaguely familiar to me. Anyway, I don't do stickies. GreenDog does those.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe, I don't even remember my posts of last week. I didn't know I was here in july. :smile: That post doesn't even sound vaguely familiar to me. Anyway, I don't do stickies. GreenDog does those.
lol yeah. It was very funny. Everyone was saying how rude you were and how pushy you were, and your reply was "i want what's best for the animals, not for the dog food industry."

Good reading. Anyways, I'll try and get ahold of GreenDog. Thanks :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts