Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so Ive been feeding raw for about 10 years now with amazing success, well my 15 year old Beagle/ Border Collie has just been diagnosed in early kidney failure/insufficiency. She is subcu fluids 3x a week and on an appetite stimulant once a day, I can see when it kicks in but she has gotten incredibly picky about food, I've tried everything but it got to the point where I was having to syringe feed her a really high quality canned food. The other day I randomly tried just some ground turkey with pumpkin and greek yogurt and she wolfed it down and begged for more, at the moment this is what she wants and will eat on her own. My question for anyone is is this too much protein for a kidney patient ? Or does it matter because it is a high quality protein? My vet doesnt yell at me for feeding raw but he also isn't familiar with it so doesnt really have an answer. As a side note, other than the food weirdness, she is still acting like her old self, she plays tug with her squeaky toys, plays with the other dogs, and still loves her walks, which is why I am willing to do whatever I have to to keep her happy and comfy as long as she lets me. Thanks for any advice in advance- Susy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts