Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Monty has food allergies to fish, eggs, corn, and rice.
I cant seem to find a food that is fitting! He was on orijen fish but the formula change just gave him diarrhea. I put him on acana grasslands but eggs is like 6th on the ingredient list.

Anyone have any ideas as to what would be a good food that suits his allergies?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I cant seem to find a food that is fitting! He was on orijen fish but the formula change just gave him diarrhea. I put him on acana grasslands but eggs is like 6th on the ingredient list.

My little dog is allergic to salmon and it is really difficult to find a food that doesn't have salmon oil hidden down deep in it somewhere. She currently eats Innova SENIOR PLUS dry kibble, Innova adult canned, Wellness Venison Canned, and Back to Basics Pork Canned. I"m not sure if any of those have eggs in them or not but you can check. Luckily she is a small dog and doesn't eat a lot so I can buy her the more expensive foods.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How about trying
Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance Ultra Potato & Duck formula?
It is the limited Ingredients formula. Says it contains no soy, corn, wheat, eggs rice or dairy , no artificial preservatives flavors or colors.

What it has is Contains fresh duck, fresh potatoes, canola and flaxseed oil (excellent sources of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids), rosemary extract, plus vitamins and minerals (including vitamins E, A, B12 and D3, copper, iron and zinc.)
Has 21% Crude Protein, 10% Crude Fat and 3% Crude Fiber

so this may work for you.
You could try it and see.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

That's a hard one.

How severe is his allergy to each item you listed? The reason I'm asking is that often when allergy tests are administered they give a much more concentrated dose of the allergen than would normally occur in "real life". For example, someone who is allergic to oranges may be able to eat one a day with no effect. But if they have 3, they have a reaction.

So what if the egg is 6th or 8th down on the list...???

Just wondering...

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately I think that Natural Balance Duck and Potato formula is gonna be your best bet. You'll probably want to add some extra meat to your pup's diet though, since this formula is pretty lacking in meat content.

Pinnacle also has a duck and potato formula that fits the bill as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts