Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any premium food that i would like to feed contain one or more things our pup is allergic to, anyone know if i'm missing any?

peas and carrots - go natural, horizon legacy, instinct chicken, orijen reg & 6 fish, wellness core ocean, all 3 acana provincials,

carrots - innova evo turkey & chicken, wellness core

venison - innova evo red meat, totw high prairie, merrick before grains

barley, oatmeal, carrots - fromm 4*

oatmeal, barley - wellness

getting verrry frustrated here... :p

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
California Natural. About all it has is Chicken and Rice...maybe some flaxseed and that's literally about it.

A wonderful and simple food.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I also wouldn't rule out feeding the Puppy formula...higher protein content...believe around 26%(regular has 21%)...don't let anyone tell you it matters...the Puppy formula will be fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no worries, won't be throwing a fit :)
i have seen the california naturals (as well as dvp natural balance, and wellness simple solutions), but was concerned at the fact that the first ingredients were a grain source...
might be the best way to go, and supplement with canned for more protein.
i will also check out the puppy formula,
thanks kevin and spooky... will do more reading tonight!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Pugs, first ingredient in any Natura product I've ever seen is ALWAYS a meat. I don't have Cal Naturals ingredient list in front of me but I'd be shocked to see something other than Chicken or Chicken Meal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i stand corrected, Kevin you are right... meat meal is the first ingredient in the cal naturals... it's the other two, dvp and wss that the grain came first. thanks for pointing that out

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
good luck with those 2 good lookin' guys in the picture :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts