Dog Food Chat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any premium food that i would like to feed contain one or more things our pup is allergic to, anyone know if i'm missing any?

peas and carrots - go natural, horizon legacy, instinct chicken, orijen reg & 6 fish, wellness core ocean, all 3 acana provincials,

carrots - innova evo turkey & chicken, wellness core

venison - innova evo red meat, totw high prairie, merrick before grains

barley, oatmeal, carrots - fromm 4*

oatmeal, barley - wellness

getting verrry frustrated here... :p

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I also wouldn't rule out feeding the Puppy formula...higher protein content...believe around 26%(regular has 21%)...don't let anyone tell you it matters...the Puppy formula will be fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no worries, won't be throwing a fit :)
i have seen the california naturals (as well as dvp natural balance, and wellness simple solutions), but was concerned at the fact that the first ingredients were a grain source...
might be the best way to go, and supplement with canned for more protein.
i will also check out the puppy formula,
thanks kevin and spooky... will do more reading tonight!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Pugs, first ingredient in any Natura product I've ever seen is ALWAYS a meat. I don't have Cal Naturals ingredient list in front of me but I'd be shocked to see something other than Chicken or Chicken Meal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could try Addictions Salmon Bleu too

Addiction Dry Food - Salmon Bleu

I've never heard of a dog allergic to carrots or peas before so that's a first.
i'll check out the addictions for sure, thanks mandypug...

ya and i was feeding him raw carrots for treats instead of cookies, thinking i was being a good mom... jeez.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.