Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's one thing out of the way! haha.

Amaya got spayed yesterday. I almost cried walking away, because I turned around and she (after being happy about being there all morning) was giving me the "mommy, where you going?" look, just soooooooo sad! But yeah, it was all for the better, so I knew I couldn't run back to her and take her with me. XP She is being spoiled rotten, because she doesn't take things like this well. She's a VERY sensitive dog! So she slept on the bed with us last night and the two nights before, and possibly again tonight. I'm hoping she eats today, though. She seems a bit more willing to respond when I talk to her or pet her, which, yesterday, she was just, like, "I'm too lazy to lift my head!" haha.

Anyways, no I has no worries of having puppies! Yay! In a way, though, it's kinda bittersweet, because who doesn't want puppies from their dog? XP But yes, I will not become one of those people who add to the population of dogs just for their own satisfaction of owning the offspring of their first dog. :wink:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't know whether to say congrats or I'm sorry. lol

Either way let me know how it goes. I have to get the woman over here fixed pretty soon and I'm dreading it. I've never had a female and I don't know what to expect. Especially since her and Brady NEVER stop playing. I'm going to have to keep them separated. :frown:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yay no pregnancy worries!
If you get puppy fever you can always go to the shelter and play with all the puppies there- they'll be glad for the attention and socialization.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know whether to say congrats or I'm sorry. lol

Either way let me know how it goes. I have to get the woman over here fixed pretty soon and I'm dreading it. I've never had a female and I don't know what to expect. Especially since her and Brady NEVER stop playing. I'm going to have to keep them separated. :frown:
hahahahahaha. Yeah, say "congrats for not turning back around and snatching her away from those 'no-baby-making-vets' and actually having the procedure done." XP

Amaya is a very sensitive dog. Rannmiller was, like, "If she's not back to normal by tomorrow, let us know." And I was, like, "Oh, I know her, she'll mope around all day, like, 'mommy, I'm in pain. Mommy, why'd you do this to me?'"

I think it would be best for you to separate them. And if she's a very hyper dog that likes to jump on things and run around a lot, you may want to get sedatives as well. We had to for Ryou.

Yay no pregnancy worries!
If you get puppy fever you can always go to the shelter and play with all the puppies there- they'll be glad for the attention and socialization.
Yes, no pregnancy worries. *wipes sweating brow.* Phew! haha. That's always a good thing, especially considering how paranoid I am. After every single heat so far, I've been, like, "OMG! SHE MIGHT BE PREGNANT!" But, of course, only paranoid. XP And before every single period, I'm always, like, "OMG! I MIGHT BE PREGNANT!"

And yes, yes, puppies at the shelter. It's too bad they usually never have any puppies! I would totally do so otherwise. haha. It's just that, around here, no one ever takes the puppies to the shelters. They can usually "rehome" them themselves...with a SMALL rehoming fee of $300. -.-

Either way, I have my three babies. They'll always be puppies to me.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Congratulations! I know that look they give you when they take them Oh so sad! Ur usually walking away with teary eyes! And your waiting for the call and when you can come get them! But its the best thing for you (no woories) and them~ ( Females no messy in heat phase males no getting those in heat females pregnant yeah) Health wise every which way around GOOD! Just a nice feeling when its all over, and they are are up and running sooner than they are suppose to be! Its a SAD but then a GLAD experience! Kudos to you and all three doggies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
hahahahahaha. Yeah, say "congrats for not turning back around and snatching her away from those 'no-baby-making-vets' and actually having the procedure done." XP

Amaya is a very sensitive dog. Rannmiller was, like, "If she's not back to normal by tomorrow, let us know." And I was, like, "Oh, I know her, she'll mope around all day, like, 'mommy, I'm in pain. Mommy, why'd you do this to me?'"

I think it would be best for you to separate them. And if she's a very hyper dog that likes to jump on things and run around a lot, you may want to get sedatives as well. We had to for Ryou.
So the date is set for May 27th. :frown:

She's not exactly hyper, she just LOVES to harass Brady. If he has a toy, she wants it. If he has a bone, she wants it. If he lifts his head, that means it's time to play. :rolleyes:

They're all sleeping right now...I think this has only happened three times since I got her. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts