Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food

Acana dog food is made and manufactured by Champion Pet Food Products. Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food is formulated for puppies that are of a larger breed.

Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food Review

Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food has insufficient meat content. We feel that dogs needs ample sources of meat and protein. The only meat source comes from Chicken Meal that is found in the first ingredient spot. Acana dog food also uses lower quality ingredients we prefer not used in dog food.

Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food First Five Ingredients Analysis:

1. Chicken meal
  2. steamed oatmeal
  3. ground whole rice
  4. chicken fat
  5. rice bran

Chicken Meal is the primary meat ingredient in Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food. This ingredient is going to make up the entire meat source. We feel that the meat content of this formula is insufficient. Dogs are natural carnivores and need a diet that is based of off meat and protein that comes from meat.

Steamed Oatmeal is the second ingredient and makes up most of the grain content. We feel that Oatmeal is is a decent quality grain. If your dog has allergies to gluten this ingredient should be avoided.

Ground Whole Rice is the third ingredient and also makes up a good majority of this formulas grain content. Awe also feel that Whole Grain Rice is of decent quality and also a good source of carbohydrates to fuel your dogs energetic life.

Chicken Fat is going to make up most of the Fat content. Chicken Fat isn't a bad ingredient, but we do prefer to see this ingredient furthur down in the ingredients list.

Rice Bran is a filler and used as a cheap ingredient that offers little to none nutritional value. We prefer this ingredient not usedin dog food.

Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food Full Ingredients:

Chicken meal (low ash), steamed oatmeal, ground whole rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, citric acid and rosemary), rice bran, ground flaxseed (source of Omega 3), beet pulp, herring oil (natural source of DHA and EPA), chicken broth, steamed sweet potato, whole egg, Atlantic kelp, carrots, tomatoes (natural source of lycopene), apples, whole garlic, parsley, rosemary extract, cranberry, yeast extract (Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation solubles), sea salt, L-carnitine supplement, chicory root (FOS), yucca shidigera, glucosamine HCl, chondroitin sulphate, marigold flower (source of lutein), ginseng, ginko bilboa, choline chloride, lysine, vitamin A supplement, dl alpha-tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), methionine, vitamin D3 supplement, *iron bioplex, *zinc bioplex, *manganese bioplex, biotin, *copper bioplex, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin B6 supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid. *chelated mineral

Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food Guaranteed Analysis:

Guaranteed Analysis
Protein (min.) --- 33.0%Omega-6 (min.) --- 2.7% *
Fat (min.) --- 23.0%Omega-3 (min.) --- 0.9% *
Fiber (max.) --- 2.5%Glucosamine (min.) --- 500 mg/kg
Moisture (max.) --- 10.0%Chondroitin (min) --- 75 mg/kg
Calcium (min.) --- 1.2%L-Carnitine (min.) --- 200 mg/kg *
Phosphorus (min.) --- 1.1%ME --- 4650 kcal/kg
* Not recognized as essential by AAFCO
Acana Sport ME4560 Dog Food Feeding Recommendations:

Weight of dog (kg/lb)Daily Ration (grams/cups*)
11 - 20 kg / 25 - 45 lbs160-240g / 2 - 3 cups
21 - 30 kg / 45 - 65 lbs240-330g / 3 - 4 cups
31 - 40 kg / 65 - 90 lbs330-420g / 4 - 5 cups
41 - 50 kg / 90 - 110 lbs420-520g / 5 - 6 cups