Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had any issues with this food recently?

I'm not 100% sure it's the food. We have always (the last 5 months) fed our bulldog this food and have had no issues, however, since we opened the last bag she has had diarreah.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

L

·
0 Posts
I'm not a Vet nor am I an expert, but, I do think sometimes the major cause of diarrhea is overfeeding. If you're absolutely certain you are not overfeeding your dog, then just to be on the safe side, have a fecal sample analyzed for worms or parasites.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't know...try mixing in a spoonful of canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), which helps firm stool, with the food and see if that works. If not, you might want to try a different dog food.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm not a Vet nor am I an expert, but, I do think sometimes the major cause of diarrhea is overfeeding. If you're absolutely certain you are not overfeeding your dog, then just to be on the safe side, have a fecal sample analyzed for worms or parasites.
I tend to fall on this side. I'm not a Vet or expert either but diarrhea w/out other issues points to over feeding. Have you changed any part of your pet's diet?

I used to strictly feed kibble and allow my dog to graze. Never had any problems but decided I wanted to supplement the kibble with some meat. Well, this encouraged my dog to eat everything in the bowl as soon as the addition was made.

The kibble I feed is Acana wild prairie and we love it. When we 1st started adding the meat toppers she had loose stools. I adjusted how much kibble with the meat toppers and all was corrected quickly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I tried the acana large breed, the diarrhea came as early as adding 25% of it to the gastro food he's on now (upset stomach). He's been getting 2 cups a day total of everything. That seems pretty low for a 4 month old, 30 pound puppy, or is that high? I'm really curious if over feeding is a potential issue in these cases like the poster, and my own.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Have you tried spreading those feedings out to 3 feedings throughout the day? It could be he is eating too much at once.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts