Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have just re-read the portion amounts on the other thread titled Puppy Question. It really got me thinking about Khan and his portions.
He has been gaining weight like crazy since we switched to RAW, around February (Approx. 10lbs per month!!) He just turned 8 months and he is probably right around 100lbs. (he got neutered 2 weeks ago and weighed 93lbs) Anyway, he is not even close to being heavy, and he is not as skinny as he was when eating kibble,you can still see his waist/ribs just not as much! I am just wondering where about you all think he should be.
He is eating about 1.5lbs give or take a few oz. of meat twice a day. I do keep each meal under 2lbs. Just sometimes if it weighs 1.8lbs instead of 1.5lbs I don't fret over it.
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
How big is he supposed to be as an adult?

Three pounds of meat doesn't sound like TOO much meat for a growing giant breed dog, but it depends on how big he is supposed to get. But you definitely don't want to overfeed and put too much weight on those growing joints...

Can you post up some pictures of his build so I can get a better picture of his body condition?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Natalie,
I agree, I would much rather have him Lean than Heavy.
Our best guess is he will top the scales @ 150, I think that's pushing it. His dad was big, they said he was close to 200, although he didn't look that big when we saw him? His mom was alot smaller, and she was said to weigh 140
I will get some pics today and get them up.

Thanks for the help.
G

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's finally nice enough to go outside!!
They were chasing leaves 'cause it's really wiiindy!
I think this gives you a pretty good idea of his build!

Thanks Again

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
He looks like he's in perfect condition to me. I can see the last few ribs and a nice tucked tummy! Keep on doing what you have been! He's a very handsome boy!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts