Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
beef ribs. This is Aspen's second week of beef ribs. I give him some only twice a week and he's gone through the entire thing. They seem incredibly hard and sometimes I get worried. Is he supposed to eat the bone and all? Because he does.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Aspen is such a good wolf! Yeah if he can eat the whole rib, then he's fine. My dogs usually leave about half of it as well.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One other thing. Sometimes he eats the entire thing, but today he left 2 rib bones on the grass. Do I throw these away after a couple of hours or do I leave them?

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
I feed beef ribs once a week. They eat all the meat off the bone, and sometimes champ will eat about half the bone. I leave the bones around until the next week, they use them as chews all week.
Then, when I feed beef ribs the next week, we toss last week's bones, and keep the new ones around as chews.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
One other thing. Sometimes he eats the entire thing, but today he left 2 rib bones on the grass. Do I throw these away after a couple of hours or do I leave them?
I think with dogs the size of yours, I'd throw them away. I think they could be too easily swallowed whole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts