Dog Food Chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have had it with my dogs attacking the fence in the back to get at that schnauzer that lives on the other side. There are holes in the hedgerow and every time I plant a young bush in that area they kill it by trampling it to death. So yesterday morning I went to Lowes and bought fifty feet of 28" galvanized webbed wire fencing and some short posts with tie downs and spent the day putting in new shrubs and erecting a fence around that area to keep the scamps out! I must say those dogs are respecting that new fence like it's always been there... Good doggers!!! The fence is low enough that I can step over it when I need to weed or trim the bushes on the back side so it's not going to be in my way.

Ellie is checking out the new barrier.. If you look to the right of the big bush you can just see the new shrubs I planted in there. They are so little I was afraid they wouldn't last a week with the dogs out there mixing it up with the Schnauzer. By next fall they will be about three feet tall because things grow like crazy here in the summer.

Just some shots of the fence. I only fenced the area where my dogs have access to the other dog. it was way too much to do the whole back hedgerow. That is 115' of fence line... I only did 44'.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
That's a good lookin fence! Much better than what I did for my fence when my neighbor's dogs kept ripping holes in the wood and coming over for a visit. We have these old wrought iron gates that werent being used for anything so we propped them against the holes, held in place by cement blocks and put the punched out pieces of wood fence in between for added reinforcement. It looks a little ghetto but it was free and has worked well so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts